moderated Making calls with MS Teams

Boston, Jason W

Hello all,

My company has now switched us to using MS Teams exclusively for inbound and outbound calls. I can answer calls no problem and making calls isn’t hard either. However, once you have made a call, how do you dial numbers to navigate those automated menus most businesses use these days?

Thanks,

Jason

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Jason,

I tried to send you a message directly, but for some reason it came back as undeliverable. I am pasting it below, sorry to the group for the more personal nature of this message, Jason please feel free to reply directly using sieghard@...

Hello Jason,

I don't really have your answer other than saying Teams must have a dial pad button somewhere which would be similar to Skype and other such apps which would then allow you to enter numbers during a call.

Anyways, I am a bit curious as to your statement regarding making and receiving calls. You say it's not difficult and I assume you use the computer and a headset to do so?

I am currently looking at possibly a different phone service for my small retail store and I know of one person here, a building contractor who did the renovation on my new store last year, who is also using Teams.

Right now I use a hosted cloud system which is done through a local guy here and it uses VoIP desk phones and on my iPhone I use an app called 3CX for it. I would be interested to know how, for example, it works if you are working on the computer, say you are in Outlook or maybe online and then a call comes in, do you simply answer using a button on the headset or is there a keyboard shortcut, does a window pop up with the call or does it all stay in the background?

Take care,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Boston, Jason W
Sent: October 21, 2021 7:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Making calls with MS Teams

Hello all,

My company has now switched us to using MS Teams exclusively for inbound and outbound calls. I can answer calls no problem and making calls isn’t hard either. However, once you have made a call, how do you dial numbers to navigate those automated menus most businesses use these days?

Thanks,

Jason

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.