moderated Making calls with MS Teams

Boston, Jason W

Hello all,

My company has now switched us to using MS Teams exclusively for inbound and outbound calls. I can answer calls no problem and making calls isn’t hard either. However, once you have made a call, how do you dial numbers to navigate those automated menus most businesses use these days?

Thanks,

Jason

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Jason,

I tried to send you a message directly, but for some reason it came back as undeliverable. I am pasting it below, sorry to the group for the more personal nature of this message, Jason please feel free to reply directly using sieghard@...

Hello Jason,

I don't really have your answer other than saying Teams must have a dial pad button somewhere which would be similar to Skype and other such apps which would then allow you to enter numbers during a call.

Anyways, I am a bit curious as to your statement regarding making and receiving calls. You say it's not difficult and I assume you use the computer and a headset to do so?

I am currently looking at possibly a different phone service for my small retail store and I know of one person here, a building contractor who did the renovation on my new store last year, who is also using Teams.

Right now I use a hosted cloud system which is done through a local guy here and it uses VoIP desk phones and on my iPhone I use an app called 3CX for it. I would be interested to know how, for example, it works if you are working on the computer, say you are in Outlook or maybe online and then a call comes in, do you simply answer using a button on the headset or is there a keyboard shortcut, does a window pop up with the call or does it all stay in the background?

Take care,

Sieghard