From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christine
Moore via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 5:56 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Making an indent in MS word with Jules 19

Hi
I have tried to insert an indent at the beginning of a paragraph in MS
Word. Is there a simple keystroke to achieve this please?

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Usually, pressing Tab will do the trick.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I have tried to insert an indent at the beginning of a paragraph in MS
Word. Is there a simple keystroke to achieve this please?

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

CTRL+M moves every line in the paragraph in while the tab character only
indents the first line.

Curtis

I have tried to insert an indent at the beginning of a paragraph in MS
Word. Is there a simple keystroke to achieve this please?

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Adrian Spratt

Tab is the simplest. However, what I do to indent the first line of each paragraph automatically is the following:

Select the entire document with control-a.
Press the applications key (between the right windows and control keys).
Press p for paragraph.
Tab five times until you encounter "By" as a heading.
Arrow up five times until you hear 0.5.
Press enter.

You can make this setting the default for all documents after arriving at 0.5 but before pressing enter by tabbing several times (I think 8) until you arrive at an option to set the default. Press spacebar.

Please post again if this doesn't work for you.

I have tried to insert an indent at the beginning of a paragraph in MS Word. Is there a simple keystroke to achieve this please?

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Christine Moore

Hi

I do tab and this is usually acceptable. However, I have noticed in two or three of my documents the tab is going quite far in till the paragraph. My PA tells me it’s almost scented. I tried yesterday doing FFF1 with help to adjust the margin or tab which was not successful. Oh my documents are default is something 2.5 or three. So not quite sure what my busy little fingers are done to make a mess of some other documents

Kind regards
Christine Moore