Topics

moderated looking for the keystrokes to insert a heading on a website using JAWS 2020

Dacia Cole

Hi,

I am having to edit a website I'm one of the administrators on and I
am fairly new to this. I am wanting to create headings for various
parts of the website. I know I have to type what I want the heading
to say first then how do I go about making it a heading using the
keyboard? What keystrokes do I use to make this happen? I'm using a
Lenovo laptop with Windows 8.1 and JAWS 2020. Does it matter which
browser I'm using to edit the website? Are the keystrokes the same no
matter which browser I use?
thanks,

Dacia

I'm confused because it is the website editor (whether something online or standalone) that would determine what the keystroke is to take any specific action in that software.

The starting point is knowing what HTML editor you're using.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

If you are editing the HTML code directly. The syntax is as follows:
<hx> the information you want displayed </hx>
the "x" denotes a number from 1 to 6 depending on what level the heading is on. The highest level is 1. HTH