Topics

Logitec K780 Question

Tom Behler

Hello, Everyone.

I originally wanted to write off list to Sieghard, but can’t seem to retrieve his personal address from the below e-mail, so I’ll certainly welcome anyone’s response.

I have successfully paired my Logitec K780 keyboard with my new Windows 10 laptop via bluetooth, and also have paired it wirelessly with my older Windows 7 computer via the dongle that was provided with the keyboard.

To those of you who have Logitec K780 bluetooth keyboards, I have a question, though:

As we know, the function keys on the top of the Logitec K780 are used for many different functions, including selecting the devices to which the keyboard is paired, controling the volume level, etc.

The only way I can convert those function keys to the standard Windows function keys (F1 through F12) is to hold down the FN key on the lower lefthand corner of the keyboard.  This can become rather awkward when, for example, closing a Word document with Control F4 or closing an app with Alt F4.

We installed the logitec options software, but that has not solved this issue.

Is there any way to lock in the function keys so they remain the standard windows function keys, so I don’t have to press the FN key whenever I want to do something involving those standard Windows function keys? I can do this on my Windows 10 PC by toggling them on or off via the FN and escape keys.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tom Behler