Topics

moderated List view

Fred Adams

I would appreciate it very much if someone would tell me how to get out of
list view when I am on the desktop. I do not know how I got there or how to
get out of list view.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

How did you get to the desktop?   If you're viewing it in File Explorer you will likely be in list view.  If you get to it via WinKey+D, you shouldn't be.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Mike B

Fred,

If you go to your desktop with the Windows key + m or D, keystroke there's not a list view option.  If you look at your View settings from the context menu you'll see what settings are available.  Make sure nothing is selected on the desktop when you open the context menu because if something is highlighted you won't get the View & Sort By options.  If you have the View setting on small icons and only have a few desktop icons it'll appear as if it's a list type view.

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: List view

How did you get to the desktop?   If you're viewing it in File Explorer you will likely be in list view.  If you get to it via WinKey+D, you shouldn't be.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

David Griffith

The only way I know to get list view in Desktop is via File Explorer.

Windows E then D for Desktop and enter and then I will indeed have the Desktop in list view.

However as others have said simply press windows M to go the actual desktop.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 4:52 PM

How did you get to the desktop?   If you're viewing it in File Explorer you will likely be in list view.  If you get to it via WinKey+D, you shouldn't be.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

David Bailes

Hi Fred,
After pressing windows key + D to move to the desktop, the focused item is normally not selected. Leave it that way. Open the context menu, which will be the desktop's context menu. Open the view sub menu, and choose large or medium or small icons.
Note, if the focused item on the desktop is selected, you can deselect it by pressing Ctrl + spacebar.

David.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 12:45 AM, Fred Adams wrote:
I would appreciate it very much if someone would tell me how to get out of
list view when I am on the desktop. I do not know how I got there or how to
get out of list view.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Fred Adams

Thanks to all that gave me info on the list view. Things are working fine
now.