moderated List of folders in Outlook 2016

kevin meyers

Hello.  I’m using the most recent versions of Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and JAWS 2021.  I’m setting up a new Asus laptop, and pulling in the data from the old Acer laptop for Outlook seemed to work, but I need to list the folders, which I used to do on the old laptop with Shift-F6.  Now that key combo causes Windows notifications to come up.  The F6 key by itself on my new laptop turns the touchpad on and off.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

It is either Control + Shift + F6 or Control + Y also brings u the folder list.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: September 26, 2021 2:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: List of folders in Outlook 2016

Hello.  I’m using the most recent versions of Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and JAWS 2021.  I’m setting up a new Asus laptop, and pulling in the data from the old Acer laptop for Outlook seemed to work, but I need to list the folders, which I used to do on the old laptop with Shift-F6.  Now that key combo causes Windows notifications to come up.  The F6 key by itself on my new laptop turns the touchpad on and off.

kevin meyers

Thanks, Control + Y did it!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: List of folders in Outlook 2016

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. When you have someone available to help you, why not turn off media keys in UEFI? Then, when you need those media keys like SHIFT plus F6 to bring up notifications, or F6 to turn the touchpad on or off, just use the FN key in combination with the function keys. Otherwise, the function keys would then act just like they would on any desktop computer.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 2:21 PM

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I apologize, I should have said Control + Shift + Tab is what brings you to the folder list when  you are in a mail box. It used to be that Shift + Tab did, but now you have to add the Control key to that shortcut.

As for F6, it still works, but if you are in a mailbox and you want to go straight to your folders list you have to press Shift + F6, if you press only F6, you would have to press it 4 times to get there, the fifth time you would be back in your mailbox, but Shift + F6 will get you there right away.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the folder list you get to with Control + Shift + Tab or Shift + F6 no longer contains Calendar, Contacts and Notes. But if you use Control + Y these are still there.

If you want to get to them in another way you have to press Shift + F6 twice or F6 three times, this will put you on the "Mail button", you can now arrow right to Calendar, People (which is Contacts) or Tasks. The last item here is something called the "Navigation menu" and if you activate this you can find Notes or you can find "Navigation Options", here you can reorder these items the way you want and you can put Notes further up in the list so it will show up instead of, for example, Tasks.

To do this when you have tabbed into the list, find Notes and then tab to where it says "Move Up" and activate it until Notes is where you want it in that list, similarly you could go to Tasks and move it down.

Sent: September 26, 2021 2:37 PM

Steve Nutt

Also note that you can’t do operations on a folder with the Control Y list. That is to say, you can’t rename a folder, even by pressing your applications key. For this, only the Control Shift Tab or Shift F6 methods will work.

In other words, Control Y is literally a Go To command, whereas the others take you to the folder pane.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 27 September 2021 00:45

I apologize, I should have said Control + Shift + Tab is what brings you to the folder list when  you are in a mail box. It used to be that Shift + Tab did, but now you have to add the Control key to that shortcut.

As for F6, it still works, but if you are in a mailbox and you want to go straight to your folders list you have to press Shift + F6, if you press only F6, you would have to press it 4 times to get there, the fifth time you would be back in your mailbox, but Shift + F6 will get you there right away.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the folder list you get to with Control + Shift + Tab or Shift + F6 no longer contains Calendar, Contacts and Notes. But if you use Control + Y these are still there.

If you want to get to them in another way you have to press Shift + F6 twice or F6 three times, this will put you on the "Mail button", you can now arrow right to Calendar, People (which is Contacts) or Tasks. The last item here is something called the "Navigation menu" and if you activate this you can find Notes or you can find "Navigation Options", here you can reorder these items the way you want and you can put Notes further up in the list so it will show up instead of, for example, Tasks.

To do this when you have tabbed into the list, find Notes and then tab to where it says "Move Up" and activate it until Notes is where you want it in that list, similarly you could go to Tasks and move it down.

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

Provided the folder pane is shown there. else, it will just not f6 or shift - f6 or whatever keyboard shortcut to it.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 27 Sept 2021 at 16:15, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

Also note that you can’t do operations on a folder with the Control Y list. That is to say, you can’t rename a folder, even by pressing your applications key. For this, only the Control Shift Tab or Shift F6 methods will work.

In other words, Control Y is literally a Go To command, whereas the others take you to the folder pane.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 27 September 2021 00:45