moderated link list

T. Civitello

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

Randy Barnett

sounds like you need to do a repair of jaws. Somethings gotten corrupted.

Randy Barnett

On Apr 1, 2021, at 12:35 PM, T. Civitello <tcivi31@...> wrote:

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

Bill White

Hi, Tom. As Randy said, it sounds as if something has gotten corrupted in JAWS. To me, it sounds as if it is one of the scripts. If it were me, I would first remove everything in the ENU folder, then repair JAWS. This will ensure that none of the old files in the ENU folder remain to cause problems.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

T. Civitello

What is the procedure for repairing Jaws these days?  Tom

Hi, Tom. As Randy said, it sounds as if something has gotten corrupted in JAWS. To me, it sounds as if it is one of the scripts. If it were me, I would first remove everything in the ENU folder, then repair JAWS. This will ensure that none of the old files in the ENU folder remain to cause problems.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

This also happens to me when I use ctrl +f (JAWS find)

. in order to fix the issue. For some reason, if i alt tab to the JAWS windo, the same dialog box is open there to and needs to be closed by pressing “Okay”; then everything is now alright.

Hi, Tom. As Randy said, it sounds as if something has gotten corrupted in JAWS. To me, it sounds as if it is one of the scripts. If it were me, I would first remove everything in the ENU folder, then repair JAWS. This will ensure that none of the old files in the ENU folder remain to cause problems.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

Bill White

Hi, Tom. Just download the installation program for the version of JAWS which you are currently running. The installation program will sense that your current version of JAWS is already installed, and will, instead of installing the program, give you the option to repair JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

What is the procedure for repairing Jaws these days?  Tom

Hi, Tom. As Randy said, it sounds as if something has gotten corrupted in JAWS. To me, it sounds as if it is one of the scripts. If it were me, I would first remove everything in the ENU folder, then repair JAWS. This will ensure that none of the old files in the ENU folder remain to cause problems.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Every time I try to get a list of links on a web page by pressing Insert, F7 I get a dialogue “unknown function call to ....” repeated twice before the list of links comes up. Any  one have a cure for this? Running the latest version of Jaws under Win 7.   Tom

Bill White

Since I have JAWS run from system tray, I don't have a JAWS window to which I can ALT plus TAB. This way, I avoid having any dialog running in the JAWS window. If I want a JAWS window, I can always press JAWS key plus J, or just press ENTER on the JAWS shortcut on my desktop.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Now I have a bigger problem. I downloaded the latest version and tried to install it. After is started the installation it just said: “installation failed” What now?  Tom

[...]

Maria Campbell

    It may be time to call Vispero.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke
On 4/1/2021 5:50 PM, T. Civitello wrote:

[...]

Hi, Tom. Another person on this list had the same problem, and she solved it by uninstalling JAWS, then running the same program you ran when it failed. This will both install and repair your JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

  That’s what I have been sitting here thinking about doing. I am running Jaws 2020 right now and the problem isn’t there. What do I do about the shared components bit when I uninstall Jaws 2021?  Tom

[...]

Don't uninstall shared components.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...