Topics

moderated Lenovo laptop and function keys

Bonnie Vegiard

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the feedback last week on my new Lenovo laptop and function keys. I was able to get someone to change the operating system so that the function keys are no longer mapped the way they were originally. Now my alt F4 does work, but none of the other function keys seem to work automatically. Can anyone help me with next steps to get the function keys to map to the jaws commands?

I am also not used to the laptop layout. Yesterday when I set up my Outlook 365 account, it wanted a password, and then the laptop told me that the caps lock key was engaged. So I am not sure if the password I typed in wasin caps OR not, but it looks like when I try to put in that password, it is not working no matter what I try. I need to know what I am typing in using the laptop layout, whether it is caps or not. Thanks!

Bonnie

Bonnie,

             Unless you have a laptop that does not have a keyboard that includes a number pad, I would avoid using laptop layout if you're not used to it.  The main reason (at least in my opinion) for the existence of laptop layout is that it was once far more common than it is now for a laptop keyboard to have no number pad.  But if yours has got one, use desktop layout instead.

           ~ André Gide

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

You should have a fn key on your laptop, hold that down as well as the function key, that is not a permenatnt fix but should help short ter?
There may be an option for the function keys in the bios.

Steven Hicks
Servicedesk 2 Team Leader
Tel: 01209 318620.
Mobile: 07393 792548.
Thanks for the feedback last week on my new Lenovo laptop and function keys. I was able to get someone to change the operating system so that the function keys are no longer mapped the way they were originally. Now my alt F4 does work, but none of the other function keys seem to work automatically. Can anyone help me with next steps to get the function keys to map to the jaws commands?

I am also not used to the laptop layout. Yesterday when I set up my Outlook 365 account, it wanted a password, and then the laptop told me that the caps lock key was engaged. So I am not sure if the password I typed in wasin caps OR not, but it looks like when I try to put in that password, it is not working no matter what I try. I need to know what I am typing in using the laptop layout, whether it is caps or not. Thanks!

Bonnie

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.