Topics

moderated Latest JAWS consuming higher than normal memory?

James Homuth

Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

James Homuth

Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

george b

Where would I go to check this and I will then let you know.

Thanks and I would like to know now also.

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

Jessica D

Hi,

Not that it matters, but are you using windows 10 home or pro?

Thanks,

Jessica

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

Where exactly do you check this?

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

Ann Byrne

How do you find this out???

At 01:35 AM 3/20/2020, you wrote:
Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It's been running overnight now because I'm using it for work, and I'm noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it's up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that's not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10's latest build.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi James,

I’m using JAWS2020 latest update with windows 10 pro and I’m showing Around 220MB RAM usage.

StanB

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

David Griffith

I assume he is using resource monitor in Windows .

Where would I go to check this and I will then let you know.

Thanks and I would like to know now also.

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

george b

Really where to find it please.

I assume he is using resource monitor in Windows .

Where would I go to check this and I will then let you know.

Thanks and I would like to know now also.

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

Hit windows key and type resource. It should pop right up and then just hit enter.

StanB