Topics

moderated Latest JAWS consuming higher than normal memory?

James Homuth

Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

James Homuth

Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It’s been running overnight now because I’m using it for work, and I’m noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it’s up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that’s not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10’s latest build.

george b

Where would I go to check this and I will then let you know.

Thanks and I would like to know now also.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: March 19, 2020 22:57
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Latest JAWS consuming higher than normal memory?

Hey all,

Jessica D

Hi,

Not that it matters, but are you using windows 10 home or pro?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 2:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hey all,

Where exactly do you check this?

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 10:57 PM

Hey all,

Ann Byrne

How do you find this out???

At 01:35 AM 3/20/2020, you wrote:
Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago. It's been running overnight now because I'm using it for work, and I'm noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of RAM, tops. At the minute, it's up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16 so that's not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd. Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10's latest build.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi James,

I’m using JAWS2020 latest update with windows 10 pro and I’m showing Around 220MB RAM usage.

StanB

Hey all,

David Griffith

I assume he is using resource monitor in Windows .

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: 20 March 2020 15:03
Subject: Re: Latest JAWS consuming higher than normal memory?

Hey all,

george b

Really where to find it please.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: March 20, 2020 9:57

Hey all,

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

Hit windows key and type resource. It should pop right up and then just hit enter.

StanB

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Really where to find it please.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: March 20, 2020 9:57

Hey all,

One can always use Windows Task Manager as well.   I still have not honed my skills on keeping focus with a screen reader in utilities like Resource Monitor or Task Manager where the display is dynamic and constantly changing as data updates on a second by second basis.  Stuff "jumps a lot" and I haven't perfected keeping up with the jumping nor working across the various columns.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

James Homuth

Pro, but you’re right, it probably doesn’t matter.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: March 20, 2020 11:15 AM

Hi,

Not that it matters, but are you using windows 10 home or pro?

Thanks,

Jessica

Hey all,

James Homuth

Task manager. The Windows 10 version's a pile; I installed the classic
version.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: March 20, 2020 11:48 AM

How do you find this out???
At 01:35 AM 3/20/2020, you wrote:
Hey all,

So I installed the latest version of JAWS on this laptop 2 days ago.
It's been running overnight now because I'm using it for work, and I'm
noticing something odd. Usually JAWS occupies around 200 MB or so of
RAM, tops. At the minute, it's up around 4 GB of RAM. I mean, I have 16
so that's not a huge issue, but that seems slightly odd.
Anyone else having this problem? This is on Windows 10's latest build.

john.falter

Brian and others:

Try turning page refresh off to stop fast changing updates.

On 3/20/2020 1:18 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
One can always use Windows Task Manager as well.   I still have not honed my skills on keeping focus with a screen reader in utilities like Resource Monitor or Task Manager where the display is dynamic and constantly changing as data updates on a second by second basis.  Stuff "jumps a lot" and I haven't perfected keeping up with the jumping nor working across the various columns.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Cristóbal

What I’m noticing is that Jaws gets very sluggish while in the calendar view of outlook 2016. My fan kicks on and in general, everything slows down.
This is it with an Ike or seven processor, 16 GB of RAM at an SSD. My specs are fine. This sluggishness/heavy processor usage for me only started after the March update.
I wrote Vispero about this and they say they can’t reproduce it. Anyway, just something to throw out there in case others are experiencing the same.

On Mar 20, 2020, at 8:37 AM, george b <gbmagoo@...> wrote:

Hey all,