moderated Kitchen games for the blind

Jerry hathaway

I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I considered Jim a friend and we played chess via email for years.

I know he was committed to keeping his games free.

Something is going on where the site that compiled his games is located that has caused them to suspend their web site because some one or other is wanting people to have to pay for things hosted on that site.

So, I found the KitchenSyncCompleteSetup exe file that I had downloaded in 2015.

I put it on my site in a zip file to make it easier to download.

It is on the Games page off my web site.

Go to this link to find the zip file and download it.

Accessible Games (turner42.com)

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

paul lemm

Hi,

You can visit the audio games Archive to download all Jim Kitchens games. I’ll put a link to the site below, its basically a resource for all audio games new and old, you can search by developer listing and Jim will show up in there, along with lots of other excellent audio game developers and their games:

https://www.agarchive.net/

Paul Lemm

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

On 1/5/2021 10:48 am, Jerry hathaway wrote:
I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Mario

Richard, I don't find any link to get Jim's games. I tried Firefox and Chrome, but all JAWS finds is sections and links for Spoonbill Software, free Audio Games Archive, and
RS Games.

I considered Jim a friend and we played chess via email for years.
I know he was committed to keeping his games free.
Something is going on where the site that compiled his games is located that has caused them to suspend their web site because some one or other is wanting people to have to pay for things hosted on that site.
So, I found the KitchenSyncCompleteSetup exe file that I had downloaded in 2015.
I put it on my site in a zip file to make it easier to download.
It is on the Games page off my web site.
Go to this link to find the zip file and download it.

Accessible Games (turner42.com)<http://www.turner42.com/games.htm>

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@...]
Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021, 12:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
I considered Jim a friend and we played chess via email for years.
I know he was committed to keeping his games free.
Something is going on where the site that compiled his games is located that has caused them to suspend their web site because some one or other is wanting people to have to pay for things hosted on that site.
So, I found the KitchenSyncCompleteSetup exe file that I had downloaded in 2015.
I put it on my site in a zip file to make it easier to download.
It is on the Games page off my web site.
Go to this link to find the zip file and download it.

Accessible Games (turner42.com)<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2Fgames.htm&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cdb9d37a25a6c4e7ba8ff08d90cb9a2dd%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637554813700561521%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=%2BqdUixl30UFYjdm6l%2B6yJQgSTWICJftQjDGgUgiQ4TQ%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Mario

I don't want to be a pest about it, but when I'm sent to the Audio Games archive, I don't find any link to Jim's games either.

That is because after Paul posted the link to the Audio Games Archive, I replaced my link to just his whole package to the audio games archive because you have far more choice there, if you only want a few games or you can grab the same 37 game install file there.
I just did that change about an hour ago, or maybe 90 minutes and got busy with other things so had not updated the list.
Thanks to you, I just did.
Now people know I am just linking to the audio games archive which I did not have a link to before.
Enjoy,

Richard
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com

On May 1, 2021, at 8:56 AM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

Richard, I don't find any link to get Jim's games. I tried Firefox and Chrome, but all JAWS finds is sections and links for Spoonbill Software, free Audio Games Archive, and
RS Games.

I considered Jim a friend and we played chess via email for years.
I know he was committed to keeping his games free.
Something is going on where the site that compiled his games is located that has caused them to suspend their web site because some one or other is wanting people to have to pay for things hosted on that site.
So, I found the KitchenSyncCompleteSetup exe file that I had downloaded in 2015.
I put it on my site in a zip file to make it easier to download.
It is on the Games page off my web site.
Go to this link to find the zip file and download it.

Accessible Games (turner42.com)<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2Fgames.htm&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cdb9d37a25a6c4e7ba8ff08d90cb9a2dd%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637554813700561521%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=%2BqdUixl30UFYjdm6l%2B6yJQgSTWICJftQjDGgUgiQ4TQ%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Mario

um, I found it.

[...]

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but
what they become by it."
[...]

.

Loreal Lavigna

I was sorry to read on here of Jim Kitchen’s passing.  I had all of his games on an old laptop some years back, but as that laptop is no longer usable I’ve had to restore the games to my newer system.

I remember downloading the games from Jim years ago and emailing with him some back then with a myriad of questions.  I always found him smart, ready to answer a question if I had it, and a great sense of humor too at least that’s what I remember from then.

Thank you for sharing the link.  I’m going to look at the site and find the links to download in a bit.  Time to get my daughter up and ready for her morning routine.

Sincerely,

Loreal Lavigna

General, Legal, Medical Transcriptionist

Phone:  (518)330-5188

E-Mail:  LorealLavigna@...