Keystrokes for Developer toolbar in Office 365

Don Mauck

I’m cross posting hoping that I can see if this is a bug or if I’m doing something crazy.

I’m trying to create “Radio Buttons” from the developer toolbar in Word using Office 365.

I think I should be able to do that from the Developer toolbar, (alt+l). Then I should be able to press “n” to get into the Legacy Menu. I cannot get that keystroke to work. Not in JAWS2020 or the latest release of JAWS2021. Can someone please tell me if there’s a better way to create the “Radio buttons,” as I know it can be done.

Van Lant, Robin

If I hit alt, then L, then N in Word 2016, I hear Legacy Tools table, but there is very little in that table that JAWS is reading. I don’t know how much should be there. I seem to have better luck just tabbing through the options on the Developer ribbon to see drop down boxes, checkboxes, etc.  I haven’t found any radio button option yet.

I’m cross posting hoping that I can see if this is a bug or if I’m doing something crazy.

I’m trying to create “Radio Buttons” from the developer toolbar in Word using Office 365.

I think I should be able to do that from the Developer toolbar, (alt+l). Then I should be able to press “n” to get into the Legacy Menu. I cannot get that keystroke to work. Not in JAWS2020 or the latest release of JAWS2021. Can someone please tell me if there’s a better way to create the “Radio buttons,” as I know it can be done.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Don Mauck

Thanks. Since you’re the first to respond, to be clear, you are using Office2016 and not Office365 correct?

[...]

There is no Radio Button option in the Legacy Tools section (which you do reach via ALT+L,N).  The Radio Button is in the ActiveX control section and it is noted as "Option Button" while what most of us would call a button is noted as "Command Button."

The direct key sequence for an ActiveX radio button is ALT+L,N,O (Option button) and for a command button is ALT+L,N,U

I personally hate the ActiveX controls and avoid them, but others love 'em.  All of these announced, item by item, if I right arrow through the Legacy Controls Group then transition into the ActiveX controls group once the end of the Legacy Controls has been passed when I'm using NVDA.

            ~Brian Vogel

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 11:32 AM, Don Mauck wrote:
you are using Office2016 and not Office365 correct?
-
As am I.  But since Office 2016 is the code base for all versions afterward, and the Developer ribbon hasn't changed in a very long time, the shortcuts remain the same.

            ~Brian Vogel

Van Lant, Robin

It’s my company’s installation of Office, which is said to be Ofice 365, but may not be the most current version.  JAWS reports the version as

Microsoft Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.12527.21686

[...]

Thanks, I completely understand about company installations.

[...]

As soon as you see "subscription" in the description it is Office 365.

            ~Brian Vogel