Topics

moderated Key echo and the backspace key of JAWS 2021

Ashleigh Piccinino

Hello,

Do any of you notice this behavior when using JAWS 2021? I’m writing a document, and sometimes, when I need to backspace, JAWS doesn’t repeat the character that’s been deleted through that method—the backspace key. It’s happened about three times now, and I have my key echo set to words. However, I don’t think this should have any problem, as for now in the currently typed message, the backspace works fine/as usual. This is the only bug I’ve found so far with the new JAWS.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Turner

I have not experienced this as yet.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 10:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Key echo and the backspace key of JAWS 2021

Hello,

Do any of you notice this behavior when using JAWS 2021? I’m writing a document, and sometimes, when I need to backspace, JAWS doesn’t repeat the character that’s been deleted through that method—the backspace key. It’s happened about three times now, and I have my key echo set to words. However, I don’t think this should have any problem, as for now in the currently typed message, the backspace works fine/as usual. This is the only bug I’ve found so far with the new JAWS.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10