Topics

moderated Jumping cursor

marilyn

Hello everyone,

How do I stop the cursor on a web page from jumping back to the top of the page when I’ve left the page and returned to it, only to find myself at the top and having to find my place again?

Many thanks.

Marilyn

Bill White

I have the same problem many times, and I don't think there's a way to avoid it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of marilyn
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jumping cursor

Hello everyone,

How do I stop the cursor on a web page from jumping back to the top of the page when I’ve left the page and returned to it, only to find myself at the top and having to find my place again?

Many thanks.

Marilyn

Shan Noyes

The only thing I can think of is to set a temporary marker on the page and that way when you come back you can quickly jump back to the marker.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 2:00 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem many times, and I don't think there's a way to avoid it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of marilyn
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:11 AM

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Van Lant, Robin

I have been frustrated by this, too, especially if I’m trying to capture bits of information from  the site.  Like another suggested, I have started using setting a temporary placemarker with Control Windows K.  Then, when you come back to the webpage, hit the K key and you’ll jump to the placemarker. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of marilyn
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:11 AM

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Sharon Ballantyne

I also experience my cursor jumping in a word document for example, or in the midst of composing an email. I will go back to proof the document only to find the cursor jumped and I am writing in the midst of an earlier paragraph.

It has been going onin Jaws 19 and 20. I am using office 365.

Please remind me how to set a temporary place marker using googlechrome.

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:45 PM

I have been frustrated by this, too, especially if I’m trying to capture bits of information from  the site.  Like another suggested, I have started using setting a temporary placemarker with Control Windows K.  Then, when you come back to the webpage, hit the K key and you’ll jump to the placemarker. 

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Adrian Spratt

Control-windows key-k.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Ballantyne
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:04 PM

I also experience my cursor jumping in a word document for example, or in the midst of composing an email. I will go back to proof the document only to find the cursor jumped and I am writing in the midst of an earlier paragraph.

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

David Griffith

Whilst setting a temporary placemarker is certainly an option I personally find it much easier to simply press shift enter on a link on a  web page. This has the affect of forcing your  browser to open a link in a new window. Instead of hitting the alt left arrow to go back you simply use control w to close the page to return to your original page where hopefully your original placement should be undisturbed. At least that has always worked for me.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 02 July 2020 23:45

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

Van Lant, Robin

Sharon,

I’ve experienced this a little, too.  In my case, my hypothesis is that I have been accidentally hitting the mouse touchpad with the sides of my thumb or hand as I type or rest my hands.  I taped an index card over the touch pad and this has really cut down on my issues.  If you are using a laptop with a touchpad below the spacebar, you might cover it or disable it to see if this is part of your issue.  I don’t turn mine off because my sighted kids also   use my laptop.

Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:04 PM

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

Sharon Ballantyne

Thank-you for this suggestion. I am using a laptop which sighted family access so much appreciated.

Sharon Ballantyne

It is worth testing out.

Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Sharon,

I’ve experienced this a little, too.  In my case, my hypothesis is that I have been accidentally hitting the mouse touchpad with the sides of my thumb or hand as I type or rest my hands.  I taped an index card over the touch pad and this has really cut down on my issues.  If you are using a laptop with a touchpad below the spacebar, you might cover it or disable it to see if this is part of your issue.  I don’t turn mine off because my sighted kids also   use my laptop.

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

kevin meyers

I have encountered the same problem. I have my mouse pad turned off by pressing function key and F7. Jumping up to the top of the screen still happens. Freedom Scientific says it is a problem with the web site. A friend with site doesn’t encounter the problem on my laptop with Jaws turned off. Thus telling me it is a Jaws issue.

Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 11:01 AM

Sharon,

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn

kevin meyers

When I’m in Outlook 2016, Windows10 and Jaws2020 recent version, I will be in an email I received and the cursor jumps to the top after I go into a different window and come back to the email. This has been going on in Jaws2019 and 2020.

Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:04 PM

With much thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Marilyn