moderated JFW and iTune

Cornelius

Hi all,
Any  JFW users have the problem of JAWS not announcing the menu in iTune? For example if you press alt key and then the left or right arrow, JAWS will not say file or accounts etc.
I notice this has been happening for quite sometime and there seems to be no fix for it in the 2021 update of JAWS.

Chris Hill

Hello.

That isn't jaws problem to fix.  Alt does not bring up the menu in itunes.  If you want the menu, hold alt and press one of the first letter options like f.  You can then arrow down through the file menu, or arrow over to whatever menu you want.

CH

On 10/16/2021 05:23, Cornelius wrote:
Hi all,
Any  JFW users have the problem of JAWS not announcing the menu in iTune? For example if you press alt key and then the left or right arrow, JAWS will not say file or accounts etc.
I notice this has been happening for quite sometime and there seems to be no fix for it in the 2021 update of JAWS.

Cornelius

Hi Chris, that doesn’t seem to be the problem in a few versions back. We can press alt and use the left/right arrow to find the desire menu.

That isn't jaws problem to fix.  Alt does not bring up the menu in itunes.  If you want the menu, hold alt and press one of the first letter options like f.  You can then arrow down through the file menu, or arrow over to whatever menu you want.

CH

On 10/16/2021 05:23, Cornelius wrote:
Hi all,
Any  JFW users have the problem of JAWS not announcing the menu in iTune? For example if you press alt key and then the left or right arrow, JAWS will not say file or accounts etc.
I notice this has been happening for quite sometime and there seems to be no fix for it in the 2021 update of JAWS.

Chris Hill

Well, it is now.  I tried it with nvda, and the menus no longer come up with just alt.

CH

On 10/16/2021 07:52, Cornelius wrote:

Hi Chris, that doesn’t seem to be the problem in a few versions back. We can press alt and use the left/right arrow to find the desire menu.

That isn't jaws problem to fix.  Alt does not bring up the menu in itunes.  If you want the menu, hold alt and press one of the first letter options like f.  You can then arrow down through the file menu, or arrow over to whatever menu you want.

CH

On 10/16/2021 05:23, Cornelius wrote:
Hi all,
Any  JFW users have the problem of JAWS not announcing the menu in iTune? For example if you press alt key and then the left or right arrow, JAWS will not say file or accounts etc.
I notice this has been happening for quite sometime and there seems to be no fix for it in the 2021 update of JAWS.

Cornelius

Also it seems that NVDA navigates more smoothly in iTunes if compared with JAWS. I tried backing up my iPhone using JAWS on iTunes and it is not as smooth tabbing around the menu compared to if using NVDA.

That isn't jaws problem to fix.  Alt does not bring up the menu in itunes.  If you want the menu, hold alt and press one of the first letter options like f.  You can then arrow down through the file menu, or arrow over to whatever menu you want.

CH

On 10/16/2021 05:23, Cornelius wrote:
Hi all,
Any  JFW users have the problem of JAWS not announcing the menu in iTune? For example if you press alt key and then the left or right arrow, JAWS will not say file or accounts etc.
I notice this has been happening for quite sometime and there seems to be no fix for it in the 2021 update of JAWS.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

That's why one has a choice, just as with browsers there might be times when NVDA works better for a particular task than Jaws and vice versa.

[...]

Yes, but just want to know that JFW has no plan to improve its usability with iTune just like how they did with other app?