moderated Jeff Lukacsena: question on Adobe

Jeff Lukacsena

Hi List,

I have a quick question on Adobe.

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Vaughn Brown

Hi there,

Do you have an online account with adobe.com? It has a PDF-text converter on it. I used it extensively during college in the last two years and it works quite well.

Warmly,

Vaughn

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Curtis Chong

Hello Jeff:

In Acrobat Reader DC, there is a save as text button in the file menu. At least, I see that button in the version I am running, which should be the most recent.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Gerald Levy

Keep scrolling down past the Save As option, and you will land on a Save As Text option.

Gerald

On 10/7/2021 2:54 PM, Jeff Lukacsena wrote:

Hi List,

I have a quick question on Adobe.

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Milton Ota

I would try using JAWS to convert the pdf to Word which is a layered command. In other words you are going to OCR the pdf with JAWS.

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bill White

Hi, Curtis and Gerald. I don't think much of the Save as Text option in the file menu of Adobe Acrobat DC. On some of my documents, once I convert the pdf to text, each word of the converted text file is on a new line. The pdf did not read this way, with each word on a separate line.

What I do instead is this,

1. Make sure Adobe Acrobat is set to read the entire document.

2. Open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat DC.

3. Once all the text is displayed, press CONTROL plus A to select the entire text.

4. Copy selected text to the clipboard with CONTROL plus C.

5. Close the document.

6. Open a blank text file in Notepad.

7. Paste the text residing on the clipboard into the blank document, and save it.

8. Voila! you have converted your pdf into a readable text file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

In Acrobat Reader DC, there is a save as text button in the file menu. At least, I see that button in the version I am running, which should be the most recent.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

I am able to open PDF, but I cannot seem to save them as text files, so I can edit them.

There is a Save As button on the file menu. But it only seems to save the files as PDF.

Anyone know how to change this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Curtis Chong

Bill:

Excellent idea. It actually is something I do for things like bank statements, etc. Works for me. Thanks.

Appreciatively,

Curtis Chong