moderated Jeff Lukacsena: question on Windows 11 and Jaws

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello Everyone,

My Lenovo laptop says it’s okay to get Windows 11.

I am wondering if I will need to upgrade my Jaws to run with Windows 11? What version will I need?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Curtis Chong

My assumption is that you can use JAWS 2021 with possibly a few bugs. Certainly, this should work with JAWS 2022.

Appreciatively,

Curtis Chong

My Lenovo laptop says it’s okay to get Windows 11.

I am wondering if I will need to upgrade my Jaws to run with Windows 11? What version will I need?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You should always run the latest version of Jaws, right now that is still Jaws 2021 unless you install the public beta version of Jaws 2022 which is available to everybody at this point.

With Windows 11 and especially going forward Jaws 2022 is recommended. Once Jaws 2022 is officially released later this month or in early November you would have to either have a subscription to run it or have a remaining SMA to authorize it.