moderated Jeff Lukacsena: i found a similar tape to mp3 converter

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello List,

I found a product similar to the one I posted about the other day.

Dansrueus Neoteric Cassette to MP3 Converter

I don’t know if is worth purchasing, because I don’t know if it’s accessible.

I forget what website I found it on.

I just put the name I had into Google and this was the closest match.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Marty Hutchings

I just found this on Amazon for $26.  It said that it comes with a CD with Audacity, which is very accessible for an audio editing program.  I think that it would do the job for you very nicely.

--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings

R&J

I used audacity (which is free) to record casettes successfully.  I plugged the casette's headphone jack into my laptops microphone input, started recording in Audacity and played the casette.  You'll need to practice a few times to get the casette's volume set properly to obtain a good recording.  When complete, I exported the Audacity project into an mp3 file.  Ron