moderated Jeff Lukacsena: help with gmail account

Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...>

Hello List,

I have a bit of a strange issue regarding Gmail and I was wondering if anyone could provide some help.

Right now I have one comcast e-mail address and one gmail address

The situation is this:

I am registering for graduate school and the school had me create an online account. They want me to connect the school’s e-mail to my system.

Right now the school’s e-mail does not recognize me as an individual.

They want me to verify myself to allow me to connect my school’s e-mail to my Outlook.

They asked me to use a verification method.

They want to send me a code to my back up e-mail based on a username that was created when I registered with the school’s online system.

They want to send a verification code to jmlukacs@...

I don’t have a registered addres of that name with Google.

I went into my gmail account and tried to add this e-mail, but it said the username jmlukacs is already in use.

Not sure how to get an e-mail in Google that matches the backup e-mail on the school’s system.

Any suggestions would very helpful, since I am waiting for a housing application e-mail from the school.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Glenn / Lenny

Jeff,
Are you indicating that they have a gMail listed for you that you have never had?

[...]

Call your school (probably the IT help desk) and explain what's happening.  Heaven knows how, but it appears that someone entered the wrong email address (the Gmail one that you've never had) and they need to correct it, either to your existing Gmail address or Comcast Address so that you can get your verification by email or set up a verification method that pushes a text message to your smartphone (if you have one).

     ~ Lauren Bacall