moderated Jeff Lukacsena: cassette to mp3 for cds

Jeff Lukacsena

Helllo List,

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

JM Casey

Hey.

I can’t find that specific product that you m entioned online. Are you sure that’s what it’s called?

In any case, there are apparently standalone cassette to MP3 converters. I have never seen sucha  thing, but why don’t you ask your uncle more about it? Perhaps you can try it for yourself.

I would personally just get a tapedeck and plug into PC, using something like goldwave or audacity to digitse, but that’s just me.

I’ll probably be doing this soon as someone just dropped off a tape deck for me the other day. Looks like something from the 80s. May have a mechanical issue though. Now where the hell do I take a cassette deck to get repaired? Haha

P.S.: Why do you always put  your name in the subject line of your messages?

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Jeff Lukacsena

Hi JM,

I think I spelled it right, but going off a text in my iPhone.

I think it’s called Danse Reuse.

I did a Google search and it came up for I think $60, but not sure if I want to purchase it yet. Not sure if it’s accessible.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

JM Casey

Hey again.

You found it? Interesting. I found stuff that seems to be cassette to mp3 converters, but nothing with that name specifically. In fact when I try to search just now using the phrase you mentioned “danse reuse cassette to mp3” I get precisely nothing. Can you point me to the product page or whatever you found? Curious now.

So is this a piece of software or a piece of hardware?

Maybe you could test out your uncle’s.

However if you already have a tape deck – audaccity is free and goldwave only costs about $40 if I remember right.

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Glenn / Lenny

Why not just use goldwave with a cable and make MP3s.

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Matthew Bullis

You'll probably have beter luck Gooling for usb cassette player. Also if you already have the correct cables for the computer and components, then buying a specific usb device won't be an advantage if you already have a cassette deck that you are able to connect to the computer. I bought a usb turntable years ago and thought I would use this feature, but usb carries too much line noise for me, so I simply kept using my mixer and my cables.
Matthew

On Oct 5, 2021, at 12:46 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:

Why not just use goldwave with a cable and make MP3s.

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

JM Casey

Well…he said he already found the specific product online. I couldn’t, so I was wondering exactly what page he was looking at.

USB shouldn’t really have line noise, should it? Not saying it’s necessarily the greatest thing for audio transfer and if you have a mixer you should certainly use that…, but you sure that’s what the extra noise you are getting is from?

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Curtis Chong

Running Firefox Version 92. Control Shift Delete does bring up the deletion dialog.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Well…he said he already found the specific product online. I couldn’t, so I was wondering exactly what page he was looking at.

USB shouldn’t really have line noise, should it? Not saying it’s necessarily the greatest thing for audio transfer and if you have a mixer you should certainly use that…, but you sure that’s what the extra noise you are getting is from?

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Marty Hutchings

Just how many cassettes are we talking about?  Unless these are really rare, I would not bother with converting them.  You will not be happy with the sound quality.  I would look into buying the used CD versions of the tapes  Amazon has used CDs.  Some tracks can be downloaded from the internet.  There are several websites that convert YouTube to MP3 audio or you could download Pontes Media Downloader and convert YouTube Video to MP3 or any other format you want.  This is a lot quicker than recording each cassette in real time which could take several hours and Like I said, you will not be happy with the quality.

Marty Hutchings

--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings

JM Casey

You’re not wrong about anything that you said, but a lot of us have loads of cassettes, which we might want to digitise for various reasons. Some might be eprsonal stuff, things taped off the radio, lectures, presentations, interviews. A lot of bands and artists have stuff that was only ever released on cassettes and has still never been digitised. So, I wouldn’t’ dissuade anyone from doing this; I’m sure the OP knows perfectly well that he can get digital copies of just about anything that’s mainstream or known to a certain degree.

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Another option would be to buy an inexpensive digital recorder, hook the output of the cassette player or deck up to the 3.5mm input on the digital recorder and record away. When you are done you plug the digital recorder into your computer where it would show up as an external drive and copy the recording to the computer in MP3 form which is what these recorders usually record in.

Well…he said he already found the specific product online. I couldn’t, so I was wondering exactly what page he was looking at.

USB shouldn’t really have line noise, should it? Not saying it’s necessarily the greatest thing for audio transfer and if you have a mixer you should certainly use that…, but you sure that’s what the extra noise you are getting is from?

My uncle said he has something called Danse Reuse cassette to mp3 player.

I do not know if that product would be accessible for me.

If someone can let me I know I would appreciate.

Or is there a similar product available to allow me to convert a bunch of cassettes to mp3 to burn onto compact disc.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Howard Traxler

I have a very small cassette player that was made for just that purpose.  I think it even came with software.  It was about $25, I think, and I never used it.  Still in the box.

Howard

On 10/5/2021 2:46 PM, JM Casey wrote:

[...]

I just got one for video, but two of the RCA plugs are audio, so if I can find my converter cable, from RCA to eighth inch male, I can use this for any audio source.
It was about 13 dollars on Amazon.com
It came with a CD of software for recording the video, but if it isn't accessible, I can record it with VLC media or something else.
Glenn