moderated Jeff Lukacsena: any programmers or website designers or coders on this list

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello List,

Just curious if there are any computer programmers, website design, accessibility testers, or coders on this list.

I’m looking for resources to learn. Please share.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Jeff,

I am a database administrator and connect remotely to some linux servers.  I use the latest version of JAWS and it works fairly well with JAWS, although I do have a small amount of residual vision and use that if JAWS is not providing enough feedback, although the JAWS cursor can also usually supply the information needed.

JAWS does not work reliably with the VI editor, however.

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Lukacsena via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 2:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jeff Lukacsena: any programmers or website designers or coders on this list

Hello List,

Just curious if there are any computer programmers, website design, accessibility testers, or coders on this list.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Pamela,
But you are still in windows, you aren't really in Linux with Jaws when you are doing this.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: Jeff Lukacsena: any programmers or website designers or coders on this list

Jeff,

I am a database administrator and connect remotely to some linux servers.  I use the latest version of JAWS and it works fairly well with JAWS, although I do have a small amount of residual vision and use that if JAWS is not providing enough feedback, although the JAWS cursor can also usually supply the information needed.

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Lukacsena via groups.io
Subject: Jeff Lukacsena: any programmers or website designers or coders on this list

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Yes, but I didn’t know if the question related at all to someone trying to access a Linux server remotely from Windows, so I wanted to put that out there in case.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: Jeff Lukacsena: any programmers or website designers or coders on this list

Hi Pamela,

But you are still in windows, you aren't really in Linux with Jaws when you are doing this.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Jeff,

Pam

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Jaffar Sidek

Might I recommend you to join the program-l@... programming list?

we are a group of blind and low vision programmers from over the world, helping each other to answer questions and gather programming resources to upgrade our skills and knowledge.  Cheers!

On 17/4/2021 2:45 am, Jeff Lukacsena wrote:

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Jaffar,

Would you recommend this list for someone in my situation, where most of the issues I encounter relate to using JAWS with remote servers?

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 3:45 PM

we are a group of blind and low vision programmers from over the world, helping each other to answer questions and gather programming resources to upgrade our skills and knowledge.  Cheers!

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Jaffar Sidek

I would.  There are people in there   who are qualified and able to help you.  If you are remoting into a linux system with windows, you could use a SSH client.  Putty is a good windows to Linux SSH client.  I am sure there are a few more, but I don't specialize in this, so can't be of much help to you.  Cheers!

On 17/4/2021 3:48 am, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:

Jaffar,

Would you recommend this list for someone in my situation, where most of the issues I encounter relate to using JAWS with remote servers?

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek via groups.io

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thanks, I think I will join.  I do use puTTY and WinSCP, but do run into issues from time to time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:07 PM

I would.  There are people in there   who are qualified and able to help you.  If you are remoting into a linux system with windows, you could use a SSH client.  Putty is a good windows to Linux SSH client.  I am sure there are a few more, but I don't specialize in this, so can't be of much help to you.  Cheers!

On 17/4/2021 3:48 am, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:

Jaffar,

Thanks.

Hello List,

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena