Topics

moderated jaws with the brave explorer.

Patrick Murphy

Hi,

i thought i would just throw this out there in case it helps someone.

i have just downloaded and installed the brave browser for the internet.

it is a verry slimmed down version of chrome or edge.

the one thing i liked about it, is that it allows you to proceed to web sites that are not recommended.

for example:

i have a nas storage device on my network, but it is that old, that the certificate is no longer valid.

even importing this certificate into my trusted route certifications store on my machine does not fix the problem.

both google chrome and chrome edge, just tell you that the site is bad, and thats all.

brave on the other hand, tells you that the site is bad, but gives you the option to proceed if you want.

obviously, given the fact that i know what this is, i want to proceed to it.

google chrome used to have a "proceed" button on it, as you will find if you search the net, but it has been removed in the latest version.

i also think, that brave is a lot nearer in interface to google chrome than it is to chrome edge.

yes, i have the latest version of both chrome browsers installed.

has anyone found a way to get to web sites that are invalid in either chrome edge or google chrome?

i would be interested to know how you did this, but for the moment, brave allows it.

pat

Dave Durber

Pat:

Internet Explorer allowed you to do that as well.

Dave

[...]

Hi Dave,

Yes, you are right. However, microsoft are starting to phase out internet explorer.

In windows 10, it is something that can be installed from programs and features, rather than being the default, as was the case in previous versions of windows.

In fact, lately, I have found that ie does not work as well with a lot of new web sites out there.

I just thought that I would throw it out there as a matter of information to yourselves, and to highlight the fact, that if someone gets stuck, google chrome and edge chrome wont allow it.

There are a great many people developing web sites, including myself, that run them locally to test them. At that stage, it is unlikely, that they would have a proper certificate installed.