Topics

moderated Jaws will not read setting options

Tammy Freitag

Ok, running Jaws 2020.  This is so odd to me!  I had to go to my task bar to reconnect my internet yesterday.  When I should have been reading the list of connections, my Jaws read nothing.  Today I went into change my default browser.  Once again, when I should have been reading information, nothing was read.  I could use insert b and it would read but I was not able to make changes or navigate to anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tammy

Bill White

Hi, Tammy. The first thing I would try is a JAWS repair. You will need the installer file for JAWS 2020. If that doesn't work, I will write to you privately, and, if you are in the U.S. or Canada, I can call you, do a tandem with your computer, and figure out why it's not reading your dialogs.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Ok, running Jaws 2020.  This is so odd to me!  I had to go to my task bar to reconnect my internet yesterday.  When I should have been reading the list of connections, my Jaws read nothing.  Today I went into change my default browser.  Once again, when I should have been reading information, nothing was read.  I could use insert b and it would read but I was not able to make changes or navigate to anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tammy

Tammy Freitag

Bill,

Thanks!

I will give that a try. I tried an update and restarting, so off to try a repair.  Yes, I do live in the U.S.

Take care!

Tammy

[...]

ratshtron

if you are using a desktop computer try pressing shift plus numpad plus to turn the touch cursor and then using the arrow keys you should be able to hear something. on a laptop, i believe the command is shift plus caps lock plus [ to turn the touch cursor. to turn it off press the jaws cursor command numpad minus on the desktop and shift plus plus caps lock plus [.

tag said:

[...]

Image removed by sender.