moderated Jaws Volume Control.

Eileen Scrivani

Hi,

I’m new to this group, but have used Jaws a long time. Last December I got a new HP all-in-one computer running Windows 11 and Jaws 2022 most recent update.

On the new system my speaker is built in as a part of the screen (at least that is how it feels). On my old Win 10 computer I had a separate speakers and it had a little volume control that I could increase and decrease the volume easily and quickly. I’ve tried looking in the Jaws help but cannot find what I need to do in order to adjust the Jaws volume on the fly. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for making this adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Bill White

Hi, Eileen. The simplest way to adjust JAWS volume is,

1. Press JAWS key plus SPACE.

2. Press the letter V for Volume, followed by the letter J for JAWS.

3. Press the Up and Down Arrows to adjust JAWS volume in small increments.

4. To adjust JAWS volume in larger increments at once, press Page up and Page down.

You can also adjust System volume this way by doing the following,

1. Press JAWS key plus SPACE.

2. Press the letter V for Volume, followed by the letter S for System.

billwhite92701@...

I’m new to this group, but have used Jaws a long time. Last December I got a new HP all-in-one computer running Windows 11 and Jaws 2022 most recent update.

On the new system my speaker is built in as a part of the screen (at least that is how it feels). On my old Win 10 computer I had a separate speakers and it had a little volume control that I could increase and decrease the volume easily and quickly. I’ve tried looking in the Jaws help but cannot find what I need to do in order to adjust the Jaws volume on the fly. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for making this adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Bill White

Hi again, Eileen. In my last set of instructions, it should have read,

3. Press the Up and Down Arrows to adjust System volume in small increments.

4. To adjust System volume in larger increments at once, press Page up and Page down.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I’m new to this group, but have used Jaws a long time. Last December I got a new HP all-in-one computer running Windows 11 and Jaws 2022 most recent update.

On the new system my speaker is built in as a part of the screen (at least that is how it feels). On my old Win 10 computer I had a separate speakers and it had a little volume control that I could increase and decrease the volume easily and quickly. I’ve tried looking in the Jaws help but cannot find what I need to do in order to adjust the Jaws volume on the fly. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for making this adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Dave Durber

Eileen:

Press INSERT/JAWS KEY+SPACE BAR, then press V, JAWS will say "Volume", press J, for the JAWS Volume or, S, for the System Volume. In either case, press the UP or, DOWN ARROW keys, to change the volume. When you have changed the volume to your liking, press the ESC key, to close the JAWS Window.

HTH

Dave

I’m new to this group, but have used Jaws a long time. Last December I got a new HP all-in-one computer running Windows 11 and Jaws 2022 most recent update.

On the new system my speaker is built in as a part of the screen (at least that is how it feels). On my old Win 10 computer I had a separate speakers and it had a little volume control that I could increase and decrease the volume easily and quickly. I’ve tried looking in the Jaws help but cannot find what I need to do in order to adjust the Jaws volume on the fly. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for making this adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Mike B.

Hi Eileen,

Here are a few keystrokes that haven't been mentioned:
Alt, Control, Windows + PageUp
Increases the rate of the active voice and saves the new rate.

Alt, control, Windows + PageDown
Decreases the rate of the active voice and saves the new rate.

Alt+control+PageUp
Temporarily increases the rate of the active voice.

Alt+control+PageDown
Temporarily decreases the rate of the active voice.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I’m new to this group, but have used Jaws a long time. Last December I got a new HP all-in-one computer running Windows 11 and Jaws 2022 most recent update.

On the new system my speaker is built in as a part of the screen (at least that is how it feels). On my old Win 10 computer I had a separate speakers and it had a little volume control that I could increase and decrease the volume easily and quickly. I’ve tried looking in the Jaws help but cannot find what I need to do in order to adjust the Jaws volume on the fly. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for making this adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Eileen Scrivani

Mike, Dave & Bill,

Thanks this was perfect and gave me what I was trying to accomplish. I was wondering about the rate as well so this was very helpful.