Topics

moderated JAWS Voice Sometimes becomes Stifled

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  Often, the JAWS voice cuts-out and becomes nearly inaudible while using my PC.  It is like it becomes stifled or greatly muffled.  Strangely, the PC sounds themselves (like startup, file delete, application open, etc.) are not stifled.  Sometimes, fiddling with the PC’s volume up/down level causes the JAWS voice to become normal.  Why is this?  How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Richard

Jason White

On 28/2/21 12:48 pm, Richard B. McDonald wrote:
I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  Often, the JAWS voice cuts-out and becomes nearly inaudible while using my PC.  It is like it becomes stifled or greatly muffled.

This could be related to sound card drivers or associated settings. Does this still happen if you connect a USB or Bluetooth audio device and use it instead of the default sound device?

Richard B. McDonald

I seem to have discovered the problem.  Somehow, the JAWS voice volume setting under Options>Voices>Voice Adjustment was set at ~67%; thereby trimming whatever the master volume was set to by ~33%.  Setting it back to 100% seems to have resolved the problem.