moderated JAWS Update, Authorization Invalid?

Nermin

Hi all,

today's JAWS 2022 update is causing a message to appear on my friend's Dell XPs13 notebook.

JAWS claims that it's authorized to run on an earlier version than 2022.2204.20..

Clicking on "Update Authorization" will display that the activation was successful, but JAWS is still running in 40 minute mode, even after a system restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

Cristóbal

Just went through the update process and everything works fine for me so far.
I updated via File Explorer after downloading the installer from the FS website. I never use the check for update option.
I do recall having that demo thing pop up once or twice for me after an update over the years, but punching in my Jaws authorization key usually fixes it.

today's JAWS 2022 update is causing a message to appear on my friend's Dell XPs13 notebook.

JAWS claims that it's authorized to run on an earlier version than 2022.2204.20..

Clicking on "Update Authorization" will display that the activation was successful, but JAWS is still running in 40 minute mode, even after a system restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

No, I am not seeing this. Suggest a quick call to Freedom Scientific.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

today's JAWS 2022 update is causing a message to appear on my friend's
Dell XPs13 notebook.

JAWS claims that it's authorized to run on an earlier version than
2022.2204.20..

Clicking on "Update Authorization" will display that the activation was
successful, but JAWS is still running in 40 minute mode, even after a
system restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

David Ingram

Hi the only way that i think you could get rid of this message is if you recently renewed your sma and you downloaded a new version of jaws! I usually get that same message but i have not renewed my sma in a while and it would cost me to do so.  I think that i just might do that when things go on sale in June if i'm not mistaken.

Sent: Apr 19, 2022 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS Update, Authorization Invalid?

Just went through the update process and everything works fine for me so far.
I updated via File Explorer after downloading the installer from the FS website. I never use the check for update option.
I do recall having that demo thing pop up once or twice for me after an update over the years, but punching in my Jaws authorization key usually fixes it.

today's JAWS 2022 update is causing a message to appear on my friend's Dell XPs13 notebook.

JAWS claims that it's authorized to run on an earlier version than 2022.2204.20..

Clicking on "Update Authorization" will display that the activation was successful, but JAWS is still running in 40 minute mode, even after a system restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

Steve Nutt

I also updated through the automatic update dialogue and am not seeing this either.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
No, I am not seeing this. Suggest a quick call to Freedom Scientific.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

today's JAWS 2022 update is causing a message to appear on my friend's Dell XPs13 notebook.

JAWS claims that it's authorized to run on an earlier version than 2022.2204.20..

Clicking on "Update Authorization" will display that the activation was successful, but JAWS is still running in 40 minute mode, even after a system restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

Norman Waddington

Hi Steve,

I had to uninstall and reinstall to get Jaws to sort itself out.

Norman.