moderated JAWS + T in chrome saying "Level 2". What does that mean?

Mark

In help mode, when I press JAWS + t, and double tap it, I get this:

JAWSKey+T
Says the title of the active window within an application or the application title itself.
Says the application title, dialog box title, and item with focus.

I'm playing around and go to the Canadian website, and then to the 1st heading 3.  I then press JAWS + T and hear

Title is
Culture, history and sport - Canada.ca - Google Chrome
main region
level 2
heading is Funding - Culture, history and sport

Does anyone understand what the level 2 means?

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Mark,

I don't know exactly but I think the level 2 in your example means that the region (= main region) is part of another region. You can test this assumption if you open the jaws dialog for html elements and choose regions there. The regions are shown in a tree view like structure in which you can detect the levels of each region.

Hope this helps
Udo

Am 02.02.2022 um 01:12 schrieb Mark <mweiler@...>:

In help mode, when I press JAWS + t, and double tap it, I get this:

JAWSKey+T
Says the title of the active window within an application or the application title itself.
Says the application title, dialog box title, and item with focus.

I'm playing around and go to the Canadian website, and then to the 1st heading 3.  I then press JAWS + T and hear

Title is
Culture, history and sport - Canada.ca - Google Chrome
main region
level 2
heading is Funding - Culture, history and sport

Does anyone understand what the level 2 means?

Mark

I tested the theory. If the virtual pc cursor is not in any region, then there's no mention of a level. But if you move into the first region, JAWS + T will say you are in level 2. If you go into a sub-region, it says you are in level 3.  On reflection, that would make sense only if not being in any region is the same as being at level 1. As a result, I'm still a little puzzled about what the level actually refers to. It feels like I'm missing something.