Topics

moderated jaws stuttering with bluetooth

alia robinson <aliar4@...>

am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Chris Hill

Silenzio will fix that.  It isn't jaws problem, it is your sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Maria Campbell

Is this accessible?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

On 1/6/2020 2:28 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
    Silenzio will fix that.  It isn't jaws problem, it is your sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low  jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

alia robinson <aliar4@...>

that’s kind of what we figured. my husband even got into the bios or whatever. He’s a programmer, he couldn’t fix it.

On Jan 6, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

Silenzio will fix that. It isn't jaws problem, it is your sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

Chris Hill

Of course it is accessible.  I'm blind, myself, and I am using it on two pc's.  One where the bluetooth headset tries to save power and one where the sound card does the same.

On 1/6/2020 13:37, Maria Campbell wrote:
Is this accessible?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

On 1/6/2020 2:28 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
    Silenzio will fix that.  It isn't jaws problem, it is your sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low  jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Rod

Yeah, that is a known issue. Prior to a recent Windows update, I would have recommended the aftershock headsets because they were working nicely for me, with almost zero latency. That is no longer the case -- they are now virtually unusable and all other headsets suffered from the same issues.

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Rod

What's that?

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

Silenzio will fix that. It isn't jaws problem, it is your
sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Mario

Silenzio is a small utility that will continuously play a WAV file which
will not let your computer's soundcard sleep.

http://www.stefankiss.sk/programy/silenzio/Silenzio_1.0_setup.exe

       Silenzio will fix that.  It isn't jaws problem, it is your
sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine
unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if
something is playing continually in the background like music on low
jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

.

Maria Campbell

Thanks Mario for your kind assistance, unlike the snide remarks of some.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

On 1/6/2020 5:13 PM, Mario wrote:
Silenzio is a small utility that will continuously play a WAV file which
will not let your computer's soundcard sleep.

http://www.stefankiss.sk/programy/silenzio/Silenzio_1.0_setup.exe

       Silenzio will fix that.  It isn't jaws problem, it is your
sound card trying to save power in a stupid way.

On 1/6/2020 13:16, alia robinson wrote:
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine
unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if
something is playing continually in the background like music on low
jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

.

Cristóbal

I remember someone on one of these lists mentioning that they ran a small sound file with blank noise in the background in order to stop this funky behavior. I don't recall if they said that they used a special program for this or how they did it exactly, but I’m sure there are some folks on here who would also be aware of whatever type of program that can run such a task.
I don't use Bluetooth headphones on my laptop, so it wasn't something I paid all that much attention to at the time. See if something like that helps.

Cristóbal

Yeah, that is a known issue. Prior to a recent Windows update, I would have recommended the aftershock headsets because they were working nicely for me, with almost zero latency. That is no longer the case -- they are now virtually unusable and all other headsets suffered from the same issues.

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.
am evaluating jaws for purchase on my husband’s computer. jaws is fine unless I use bluetooth then it cuts off words. music is great, and if something is playing continually in the background like music on low jaws is fine. this is with every bluetooth headphone we own. ideas?

Cristóbal

Ah well, looks like someone in the thread below mentioned such an app.
Nevermind.
[...]

James Bentley

I had this exact same problem with a new laptop that I purchased 3 months ago. And the same problem to a lesser degree on two older laptops.

Silenzio fixed all of my problems on all 3 laptops.

You can download it from here:

https://www.canadialog.com/articles/3411/the-sound-of-your-screen-reader-is-poor-and-sluggish-see-how-to-fix-it#site-navigation

James B