Topics

moderated JAWS sleep mode

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hello!

How can  I put JAWS into Sleep mode?

Thanks and greetings

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Bill White

Hello, Cristina. I will tell you how to put JAWS into sleep mode, but I want to warn that you need to be very careful with this, because it can be difficult to undo this if you make a mistake. This is the type of sleep mode in which JAWS will never speak once a program is loaded.

1. Open the program or application for which you want JAWS to be silent during its operation.

2. Press JAWS key plus the number six on the numbers row (not the NumPad).

3. In the search box which comes up, type the word sleep.

4. You will get two results, one applying to braille sleep, the other applies to sleep for JAWS, and it will say it is disabled.

5. Press the Space Bar until it says Enabled.

6. TAB to OK and press ENTER.

Now, whenever you start the program for which you never want JAWS to speak, JAWS will always be silent.

If you just want to turn off JAWS speech temporarily, press JAWS Key plus Space, followed by the letter S. This is a toggle, so, if you want to turn JAWS speech back on, press JAWS Key plus Space, followed by the letter S, until it says, Full Speech.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...