Topics

moderated JAWS Scripts for Slack & Unigram

Mike B

From Top Tech Tidbits:

7. JAWS Scripts for Slack.  These free scripts make the text chat portion accessible and provide other enhancements:
https://bit.ly/2JccZfb

8. JAWS Scripts for Unigram Telegram Client.  Telegram seems to be gaining traction as a messenger client. These scripts make this Windows client more accessible:
https://bit.ly/2Jd0obl

I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

JOHN RIEHL

I have a question on scripts in general. If I download the executable file for scripts, do  simply run the .exe file and the program automatically places the scripts where they need to be?

What’s the procedure for putting scripts where they need to be to work with JAWS?

Thanks. John Riehl

7. JAWS Scripts for Slack.  These free scripts make the text chat portion accessible and provide other enhancements:
https://bit.ly/2JccZfb

8. JAWS Scripts for Unigram Telegram Client.  Telegram seems to be gaining traction as a messenger client. These scripts make this Windows client more accessible:
https://bit.ly/2Jd0obl

I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

Mike B

Yes running the, .EXE file, will put the scripts into the correct place.  To place the scripts in the correct place manually, you would place the scripts into the, ENU, folder of the version of Jaws you want to use the scripts with.  If I'm incorrect someone will set me straight.

[...]

Glenn / Lenny

Good question, I downloaded some scripts for putty and they seem to do nothing for Jaws 2019 or Jaws 16 when using putty.
The thing it needs to do is to echo what is going on in the window, so one does not have to keep routing the jaws cursor and reading between commands.
Glenn