moderated Jaws scripts for QuickBooks

Don Risavy, Jr.

Does anyone know of if there are any scripts out there that are available for jaws and QuickBooks?

Thanks.

Don

John Covici

For the desktop version there is one from myblindspot.com .

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:06:36 -0500,
Don Risavy, Jr. wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Does anyone know of if there are any scripts out there that are available
for jaws and QuickBooks?

Thanks.

Don

[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Don Risavy, Jr.

Yes know about them already; but, was trying to find something more
affordable or even free smile.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: January 29, 2021 4:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws scripts for QuickBooks

Don Risavy, Jr. wrote:

Does anyone know of if there are any scripts out there that are
available for jaws and QuickBooks?

Thanks.

Don

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I guess this is one of the situations where you get what you pay for. I use QuickBooks Online which is very accessible, but then it's a subscription based service so you have to decide if you want to pay hundreds for the scripts and it's not like the desktop version of QuickBooks is free or if you want to just pay a bit each month. Are you using it personally or for business? Not sure how much a personal/self-emploed type of subscription is, I pay I think $35 a month here in Canada and that is after a fairly significant discount I get as a member of the Canadian Federation for Independent Business, but I have two incorporated companies I have to do bookkeeping for, one is just a holding company which owns my building and it has a very low volume of items, the other is my retail business with undreds of transactions a month.. I don't use it for Payroll since I use a payroll service for that.

Best regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr.
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 1:57 PM

Yes know about them already; but, was trying to find something more affordable or even free smile.
Thanks.

Don Risavy, Jr. wrote:

Thanks.

Don

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Don Risavy, Jr.

This isn't for me as it's for one of the students that we work with at the
FL Rehab Center for the Blind that is trying to use QuickBooks. So will pass
this info along to the instructor that is trying to work with the student
with jaws.
Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: January 30, 2021 11:27 AM

I guess this is one of the situations where you get what you pay for. I use
QuickBooks Online which is very accessible, but then it's a subscription
based service so you have to decide if you want to pay hundreds for the
scripts and it's not like the desktop version of QuickBooks is free or if
you want to just pay a bit each month. Are you using it personally or for
business? Not sure how much a personal/self-emploed type of subscription is,
I pay I think $35 a month here in Canada and that is after a fairly
significant discount I get as a member of the Canadian Federation for
Independent Business, but I have two incorporated companies I have to do
bookkeeping for, one is just a holding company which owns my building and it
has a very low volume of items, the other is my retail business with undreds
of transactions a month.. I don't use it for Payroll since I use a payroll
service for that.

Best regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr.
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 1:57 PM

Yes know about them already; but, was trying to find something more
affordable or even free smile.
Thanks.

Don Risavy, Jr. wrote:

Thanks.

Don

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Andrew James Bontrager

I strongly advise you to just pay for those scripts from My Blind Spot. Without them there is no way to run that program accessibly. Trust me, you will be bumbling about in the dark with nowhere to turn. You cant beat their customer support either.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I wonder how long QuickBooks will continue to offer their desktop version since they really push QuickBooks Online. I don't know about the pricing of the desktop version, but I assume that in addition to the initial purchase price you still would also have some sort of annual cost. I now subscribed to the QuickBooks Online Plus plan which here in Canada ist $50 a month, but as a member of the Canadian Fedderation of Independent Business I get a 20% discount, so I am paying $40/month or $480 a year which is actually I think about the same or a bit less than I used to pay for the Sage 50 annual plan which gave me access to their yearly release version as well as bad technical support which I never used.

For many people the Essential subscription which here in Canada is $35 a month or even the Simple Start which is $20 a month probabably is enough, but for my retail business QuickBooks will be integrated with my point of sale system and if you want QuickBooks to handle inventory you need the Plus version.

I believe when I once inquired years ago the scripts were $750, add to this the cost of QuickBooks desktop and potentially an annual upgrade/maintenance plan and the subscription for the online version sounds pretty good. Of coruse there is also the benefit of being able to use the very accessible iOS app and to use it wherever you are and not just one your computer.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew James Bontrager
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 2:42 PM

I strongly advise you to just pay for those scripts from My Blind Spot. Without them there is no way to run that program accessibly. Trust me, you will be bumbling about in the dark with nowhere to turn. You cant beat their customer support either.

Cristóbal

We just upgraded to QuickBooks desktop after using QB 2009 all this time. My wife does the books for the business so as far as accessibility, I’m not really involved. I do know that we paid $650 for a three year license that includes full support and updates for that time period. The $650 was for two licensed users as my mom needed to upgrade for her business as well. It would have otherwise been something like $400 for just one user for three years. We also used eBates that gave us back 7.5% plus the credit card that gives us back 2% on purchases so that helped cancel out the sales tax.

QB should work like any other accounting software after that three year period as it’s just accounting after all, but without the benefits of tech support and whatever bells and whistles they come up with. The only reason we needed to upgrade is because of change of certain tax forms for subcontractors that QB 2009 wasn’t able to generate.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 7:40 AM

I wonder how long QuickBooks will continue to offer their desktop version since they really push QuickBooks Online. I don't know about the pricing of the desktop version, but I assume that in addition to the initial purchase price you still would also have some sort of annual cost. I now subscribed to the QuickBooks Online Plus plan which here in Canada ist $50 a month, but as a member of the Canadian Fedderation of Independent Business I get a 20% discount, so I am paying $40/month or $480 a year which is actually I think about the same or a bit less than I used to pay for the Sage 50 annual plan which gave me access to their yearly release version as well as bad technical support which I never used.

For many people the Essential subscription which here in Canada is $35 a month or even the Simple Start which is $20 a month probabably is enough, but for my retail business QuickBooks will be integrated with my point of sale system and if you want QuickBooks to handle inventory you need the Plus version.

I believe when I once inquired years ago the scripts were $750, add to this the cost of QuickBooks desktop and potentially an annual upgrade/maintenance plan and the subscription for the online version sounds pretty good. Of coruse there is also the benefit of being able to use the very accessible iOS app and to use it wherever you are and not just one your computer.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew James Bontrager
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 2:42 PM