moderated jaws says zero in front of all my messages in thunderbird

dennis

hi list. subject says what my problem is. using jaws 21 and 102.0.2 of thunderbird. anyone else have this problem?

Avast logo

Marty Hutchings

Yes,  I thought that I had this fixed, but it is back again.

Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com
On 7/13/2022 12:36 PM, dennis wrote:

hi list. subject says what my problem is. using jaws 21 and 102.0.2 of thunderbird. anyone else have this problem?

Avast logo

dennis

do you know how you fixed it?

On 7/13/2022 2:07 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

Yes,  I thought that I had this fixed, but it is back again.

Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com
On 7/13/2022 12:36 PM, dennis wrote:

hi list. subject says what my problem is. using jaws 21 and 102.0.2 of thunderbird. anyone else have this problem?

Avast logo

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 03:44 PM, dennis wrote:
do you know how you fixed it?
-
I seem to recall that this has something to do with one of the columns (maybe the "message read" marker) that Thunderbird displays ahead of the From field.

The solution was to turn off the display of the offending column or to move its position to the very rightmost end of the columns actually displayed.  You'll have to play with turning the couple of columns that show up on the left, and there should only be a few of those, prior to From (or, possibly, Subject if you've rearranged things to have that shown before who the message is from), to see what silences the zero.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

By the way, Version 102 is not yet a production release.  It is a beta that is not being pushed out over the release channel and the release notes page for version 102 notes that it is not yet part of the release channel.

Most of the time, when this sort of software is installed to replace what you already have (and for most of us that would be version 91 dot something) you will lose the customizations you've made, or some of them, which is what could account for the reappearance of the previously fixed announcement of zero.

If there's not something you simply must have in Version 102 then please wait until it is offered via the release channel and built-in update feature of Thunderbird.  Those kinds of updates are generally very careful to retain all previous user settings choices as part of the upgrade (though sometimes, even then, certain things get switched back to what the Thunderbird developers want as initial defaults).

     ~ Lauren Bacall