moderated Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Albert Cutolo

Good morning everyone,

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job.

Jeff Christiansen

Are you certain the shortcut on your desktop is set for JFW 2022 correctly?

From the desktop find JAWS 2022, now use, Alt+Enter

Tab through the dialog setting the shortcut key to Alt+Control+J

If JAWS 2021 is still set to, Alt+Control+J, the above won’t work until you change 2021 or use a different combination for JAWS 2022.

HTH

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job.

Albert Cutolo

Good morning Jeff,

Right after I received your message, I did just now, check and my shortcut key for Jaws says that it is set for Jaws 2022.  But in the about section of the Jaws manual in the about, is continues too say that it is Jaws 2021.

Are you certain the shortcut on your desktop is set for JFW 2022 correctly?

From the desktop find JAWS 2022, now use, Alt+Enter

[...]

Curtis Chong

Question:

Are you running Windows 7 perchance? If you are, you will not be able to update to JAWS 2022 inasmuch as Windows 7 is no longer supported in this latest version of JAWS.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Loy

If you have a JAWS 2021 shortcut on the desktop, make sure the shortcut is set to something else but alt, control, J. I use Insert Alt. 1 for JAWS 2021.

[...]

Hi Loy,

I did make a shortcut for Jaws 2021, but I deleted it off of my desktop and created one for Jaws 2022.

[...]

Good morning Curtis.

This is a dell  laptop computer with windows 10 On  it.

[...]

Okay, Albert. Understood.

If I had this situation, I would stop JAWS, and run jaws2022 using the run dialog. Then, I would ensure that the automatic startup stuff was set correctly. Failing that, I would run a JAWS repair and, if needed, do a complete re-install of JAWS 2022. Alas, all of this stuff is vexing, but sometimes necessary.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Albert

This is quite the pickle.

If you are comfortable carrying out the following, I would be interested in the version number at the end of the instructions.

With JAWS unloaded, Insert+F4

Touch the Windows key, and type, JAWS2022 and press enter.

Once JAWS launches, what version is reported in the about dialog?

[...]

Second what Curtis suggests