moderated Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Albert Cutolo

Good morning everyone, 

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job. 

Jeff Christiansen

Are you certain the shortcut on your desktop is set for JFW 2022 correctly?

From the desktop find JAWS 2022, now use, Alt+Enter

Tab through the dialog setting the shortcut key to Alt+Control+J

If JAWS 2021 is still set to, Alt+Control+J, the above won’t work until you change 2021 or use a different combination for JAWS 2022.

HTH  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 6:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Good morning everyone, 

Around a week or so ago, I installed Jaws 2022 and am having a real problem that I don’t know how too remedy.    It seems that whenever I press the insert F4 command too turn off the Jaws speech and then resume Jaws speech with control plus alt plus J,  Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021.  I know this, because when I go too where it says jaws home manual and do the alt plus a key and check where it says about key, it says that Jaws 2021, and not Jaws 2022 instead.  I did call Jaws tech support where we performed a uninstall  of Jaws 2021 and did a complete reinstall of Jaws2022, but this problem still exists.  I’ve also ran a Jaws repair about three times,  but with no resolution.

I’m worried that if I  call tech support back with this ongoing issue, I don’t want them too think that I’m  some kind of nut job. 

Albert Cutolo

Good morning Jeff, 

Right after I received your message, I did just now, check and my shortcut key for Jaws says that it is set for Jaws 2022.  But in the about section of the Jaws manual in the about, is continues too say that it is Jaws 2021.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

If JAWS 2021 is still set to, Alt+Control+J, the above won’t work until you change 2021 or use a different combination for JAWS 2022.

HTH  

Subject: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Good morning everyone, 

Curtis Chong

Question:

Are you running Windows 7 perchance? If you are, you will not be able to update to JAWS 2022 inasmuch as Windows 7 is no longer supported in this latest version of JAWS.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws reverts back too Jaws 2021, even though I installed the latest Jaws 2022.

Good morning Jeff, 

Right after I received your message, I did just now, check and my shortcut key for Jaws says that it is set for Jaws 2022.  But in the about section of the Jaws manual in the about, is continues too say that it is Jaws 2021.    

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Loy

If you have a JAWS 2021 shortcut on the desktop, make sure the shortcut is set to something else but alt, control, J. I use Insert Alt. 1 for JAWS 2021.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:50 AM

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Albert Cutolo

Hi Loy,

I did make a shortcut for Jaws 2021, but I deleted it off of my desktop and created one for Jaws 2022.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:09 AM

If you have a JAWS 2021 shortcut on the desktop, make sure the shortcut is set to something else but alt, control, J. I use Insert Alt. 1 for JAWS 2021.

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Albert Cutolo

Good morning Curtis.

This is a dell  laptop computer with windows 10 On  it.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:53 AM

Question:

Are you running Windows 7 perchance? If you are, you will not be able to update to JAWS 2022 inasmuch as Windows 7 is no longer supported in this latest version of JAWS.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Curtis Chong

Okay, Albert. Understood.

If I had this situation, I would stop JAWS, and run jaws2022 using the run dialog. Then, I would ensure that the automatic startup stuff was set correctly. Failing that, I would run a JAWS repair and, if needed, do a complete re-install of JAWS 2022. Alas, all of this stuff is vexing, but sometimes necessary.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 9:19 AM

Good morning Curtis.

Question:

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Jeff Christiansen

Albert

This is quite the pickle.

If you are comfortable carrying out the following, I would be interested in the version number at the end of the instructions.

With JAWS unloaded, Insert+F4

Touch the Windows key, and type, JAWS2022 and press enter.

Once JAWS launches, what version is reported in the about dialog?

Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:14 AM

Hi Loy,

I did make a shortcut for Jaws 2021, but I deleted it off of my desktop and created one for Jaws 2022.

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Jeff Christiansen

Second what Curtis suggests

Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:21 AM

Okay, Albert. Understood.

If I had this situation, I would stop JAWS, and run jaws2022 using the run dialog. Then, I would ensure that the automatic startup stuff was set correctly. Failing that, I would run a JAWS repair and, if needed, do a complete re-install of JAWS 2022. Alas, all of this stuff is vexing, but sometimes necessary.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 9:19 AM

Good morning Curtis.

Question:

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Steve Nutt

It sounds like you have that keystroke Control Alt J set up for JAWS 2021.

JAWS doesn’t set that keystroke up by default, so you  must have done it.

Go into the properties of your JAWS 2021 icon, go to the Shortcut tab and check that the keystroke is Control Alt J. If it is, press delete on it, then that keystroke will be undefined.

Now pop in the JAWS 2022 properties and define that key in the Shortcut tab. Now when you press Control Alt J, 2022 will open.

You can also go to the Run menu, Windows and R, and type without the quotes “jaws2022” and press enter, and that version of JAWS will be loaded.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 08 December 2021 13:15

Good morning everyone, 

Loy

With JAWS 2021 running. do this. Insert key H,Z, this will open the start up options and make sure you don't have 2021 set to start up at log on or startup after log on.

Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 11:14 AM

Hi Loy,

Good morning Jeff, 

HTH  

Good morning everyone, 

Bill White

Hi, Albert. Were you able to solve the problem of JAWS 2021 starting instead of JAWS 2022?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 5:15 AM

Good morning everyone, 

Albert Cutolo

Good afternoon Bill, 

I called Jaws tech support earlier this morning, and after spending time with the tech it  was  thought that we had resolved the problem.  I then asked him, if I could try doing the unloading of Jaws with insert F4 too see if the problem was resolved.  He told me, that the problem shouldn’t happen again.  But wouldn’t you know it, I just tried unloading jaws and restarting it, and it went back too saying, Jaws 2021.  It was his thought, that when I unload Jaws and restart jaws, that it some how, Jaws 2021 reloads.  That shouldn’t be  possible, because when I spoke too the very same tech a few days ago, he made me uninstall Jaws 2021. Believe me when I say, that I was very detailed in my instructions.   with what I was explaining the problem.       

Loy

In your list of apps does JAWS 2021 show up?

Sent: Thursday, December 9, 2021 1:58 PM

Good afternoon Bill, 

I called Jaws tech support earlier this morning, and after spending time with the tech it  was  thought that we had resolved the problem.  I then asked him, if I could try doing the unloading of Jaws with insert F4 too see if the problem was resolved.  He told me, that the problem shouldn’t happen again.  But wouldn’t you know it, I just tried unloading jaws and restarting it, and it went back too saying, Jaws 2021.  It was his thought, that when I unload Jaws and restart jaws, that it some how, Jaws 2021 reloads.  That shouldn’t be  possible, because when I spoke too the very same tech a few days ago, he made me uninstall Jaws 2021. Believe me when I say, that I was very detailed in my instructions.   with what I was explaining the problem.       

Curtis Chong

Albert:

How do you restart JAWS on your computer. Do you use the Run command or some other method? Then, how do you know that you are then running JAWS 2021 versos JAWS 2022? You may be a victim of the November 9 Windows Update. I’ll send the procedure about this shortly.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong

On Dec 9, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Albert Cutolo <Albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon Bill, 

Ashleigh Piccinino

Here's what I still do, with the hot key for any other version of jaws that's newer. I said that hot key as the key that I used before. After that, I tested, to make sure that it works on the correct version. Of course, I unload the previous version of jaws 1st. Unloading, does not mean uninstalling, but just turning off jaws for the time being I also make sure the window is going to open in maximized view..

Sent from Ashleigh's Fire

On December 9, 2021, at 1:26 PM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Albert:

How do you restart JAWS on your computer. Do you use the Run command or some other method? Then, how do you know that you are then running JAWS 2021 versos JAWS 2022? You may be a victim of the November 9 Windows Update. I’ll send the procedure about this shortly.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong

On Dec 9, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Albert Cutolo <Albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon Bill,