From: jfw-bounces@...
[mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Dorothy
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:31 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: jaws resolution

Dear list can you explain if when using Jaws 12 or 11 and windows 7 and
ms
outlook what importance is the resolution, I know it matters in xp, but
get the impression it is not of great importance in windows 7 . The
resolution of the screen is not the same is it? I think some have a
fixed
resolution, thanks Dorothy

Adrian Spratt

Ted, are you referring specifically to Windows 7? Dorothy apparently knows
what you say here with regard to XP. I'm still using XP and can't answer her
question myself.

If you're using LCD, these units default to their maximum resolution.
Most today are high, or at least advanced, definition, with many maxing
out in the neighborhood of 1080X1920. Manufacturers usually recommend
leaving them alone, although changes can be easily implemented through
Control Panel.

Dear list can you explain if when using Jaws 12 or 11 and windows 7 and
ms
outlook what importance is the resolution, I know it matters in xp, but
get the impression it is not of great importance in windows 7 . The
resolution of the screen is not the same is it? I think some have a
fixed
resolution, thanks Dorothy

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Lcd? Sorry ted have forgotten meaning I think in xp you can set a
resolution and bit level and are often advised the level but I think I was
told windows 7 it is not important, however I shall be speaking to the
person tomorrow and will ask him I think he will know ththanks ted and
Adrian dorothy

Dear list can you explain if when using Jaws 12 or 11 and windows 7 and
ms
outlook what importance is the resolution, I know it matters in xp, but
get the impression it is not of great importance in windows 7 . The
resolution of the screen is not the same is it? I think some have a
fixed
resolution, thanks Dorothy

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

No, that's a rule of thumb. LCD monitor default to their highest
resolution, and it usually works great. It would be nice if it could be
altered on an app-by-app basis. We once used a program like that here,
but alteration on the OS level would be really handy.