Topics

moderated JAWS Reading Completed Tasks in Microsoft Outlook

Rick Miller

I know how to set a task and then get into the To Do bar and view all active tasks by just arrowing up and down.  But after you mark a task as being completed then, for some reason, you want to view the task again or check and see if a task has indeed been completed, how do you do that?  I am using JAWS 2020 and Windows 2010 and Outlook 2010.

Rick Miller

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

I assume there is an icon, much like the read and unread flag for messages, but JAWS isn’t reading it. I just created a test task and marred it complete, but JAWS doesn’t distinguish that when arrowing up and down in the inbox. I Have a number of taskss in my list that are overdue and JAWS will announce those as having a “red flag”, so this might e an oversight in the JAWS or Microsoft coding.  You might call Microsoft Accessibility to check.  I’m in Outlook 2016.  Having said this, I prefer to delete tasks once complete rather than marking them complete, because I don’t want them cluttering up my list.  Do note that you can delete a task you created as a task, but if you have an item in that list that is actually a follow-up flag on an email or calendar entry, you will want to select the “remove” option, not the “deleted” option.  This takes it out of your task list, but leaves the original email or calendar entry in it’s folder.  My method for this is to hit the application key when focus is on the item I want in the task list. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 10:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS Reading Completed Tasks in Microsoft Outlook

I know how to set a task and then get into the To Do bar and view all active tasks by just arrowing up and down.  But after you mark a task as being completed then, for some reason, you want to view the task again or check and see if a task has indeed been completed, how do you do that?  I am using JAWS 2020 and Windows 2010 and Outlook 2010.

Rick Miller

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.