Topics

moderated Jaws Only Reads when Using Say Line Keystroke

Mike B

Hi All,

Running Windows 7, Word 2010 and Jaws 16, thru J2021.  I don't know what happened but, when reading an old or new Word .DOCX file Jaws of any version will not read line by line when down or up arrowing, Jaws will only read when using the say line keystroke, Insert + up arrow.  Jaws doesn't report blank lines or anything unless using the say line keystroke.

I know I'm missing something but, for the life of me I don't know what.  Call it a senior moment a major brain fart or severe brain cramp, but I'm having all of them!  Would someone tell me what setting or settings I should be checking?  I'm obviously overlooking something and don't have a clue as to what it is.

All help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers, Lakers & Rams!

Cher

Have you checked to see if you’ve silenced JAWS by hitting JAWS key + space and then S to toggle speech from full speech to on demand.

Cher

Running Windows 7, Word 2010 and Jaws 16, thru J2021.  I don't know what happened but, when reading an old or new Word .DOCX file Jaws of any version will not read line by line when down or up arrowing, Jaws will only read when using the say line keystroke, Insert + up arrow.  Jaws doesn't report blank lines or anything unless using the say line keystroke.

I know I'm missing something but, for the life of me I don't know what.  Call it a senior moment a major brain fart or severe brain cramp, but I'm having all of them!  Would someone tell me what setting or settings I should be checking?  I'm obviously overlooking something and don't have a clue as to what it is.

All help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers, Lakers & Rams!

Mike B

Hi Cher,

It's very possible that could have been the cause in 1 of the newer versions of Jaws, but I don't know how I could have turned on Speech on Demand with all the newer versions.  Also, the keystroke, Insert + S, toggles speech on and off in Jaws 16.  So essentially something weird happened and it did fix itself after a couple of reboots, so I'm just not sure what happened.  I was turning off one version and starting another and this is why I don't understand how the Speech on Demand feature could have carried itself from 1 version to the other.  Thank you very much for your input.