From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norma A. Boge
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws not speaking edit field input

Hi group,

Jaws 2019 with Inventoria by NCH Software. After I have inserted text into an edit field, if I tab back to that field the text is not automatically spoken by Jaws. The only way I can read the text is to use a standard reading command like Insert num pad 2 or control left or right arrow key.
I'm using beginner verbosity, but I suspect I need to change something in Jaws settings. If anyone can help out, I would appreciate it muchly.

Thanks,
Norma

Norma A. Boge

Hi Adrian, thanks for the tip. Not sure why I didn't think of it, but it
works well and that's all that matters. Best, Norma

The solution for me is the JAWS refresh, or repaint, command, insert-escape.
I've just been using this on a form, where I'm reminded that it sometimes
causes JAWS to lose its place. However, it's the most reliable way I've
found to read content I've typed into an edit field.

Jaws 2019 with Inventoria by NCH Software. After I have inserted text into
an edit field, if I tab back to that field the text is not automatically
spoken by Jaws. The only way I can read the text is to use a standard
reading command like Insert num pad 2 or control left or right arrow key.
I'm using beginner verbosity, but I suspect I need to change something in
Jaws settings. If anyone can help out, I would appreciate it muchly.

Thanks,
Norma

Mario

Norma's issue also happens with JAWS 2018, but the focus issue occurs in
edit fields in any program. I haven't tried Adrian's tip yet.