Topics

moderated Jaws not seeing text or links on web site

Norma A. Boge

Hello group,

I am using Jaws 2020 updated and Jaws 2019. I’m having trouble with Jaws finding links and text in part of a website. NVDA sees this page perfectly, so I’m hoping someone might have a suggestion as to how to get Jaws to do the same. Underneath the heading for “Our Staff” should be links to a number of different persons, Jaws is not seeing any of this. Here’s the link, any helpful feedback very appreciated. Best, Norma

https://www.sampsonfamilytherapy.com/our-staff

Jessica D

Hi,

I’m using the latest update of jaws2020, with the newest version of edge, and jaws read the list just fine.

Perhaps, you should try to do this with default settings.

Thanks,

Jessica

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norma A. Boge
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 10:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws not seeing text or links on web site

Hello group,

I am using Jaws 2020 updated and Jaws 2019. I’m having trouble with Jaws finding links and text in part of a website. NVDA sees this page perfectly, so I’m hoping someone might have a suggestion as to how to get Jaws to do the same. Underneath the heading for “Our Staff” should be links to a number of different persons, Jaws is not seeing any of this. Here’s the link, any helpful feedback very appreciated. Best, Norma

Norma A. Boge

Hi Jessica, thanks for the reminder about default settings. I toggled it on and the page read fine.

I’m thinking I should go back to the default of the Chrome settings. I’m not sure how to do this so if you or someone else could advise that would be super. Best, Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws not seeing text or links on web site

Hi,

I’m using the latest update of jaws2020, with the newest version of edge, and jaws read the list just fine.

Perhaps, you should try to do this with default settings.

Thanks,

Jessica

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norma A. Boge
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello group,

Marty Hutchings

I was able to see the staff names using the JAWS curser in JFW 2019.  The Staff link said that it is a “Link has pop up”.  Just pressing the Enter Key would get me nothing, so I switched to the JAWS curser and was able to read the names.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:27 AM

Hello group,

Using Edge (or Chrome) with Jaws 2020 I can activate the links for each name and get the information such as contact number, a short bio and education history etc.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:17 AM

I was able to see the staff names using the JAWS curser in JFW 2019.  The Staff link said that it is a “Link has pop up”.  Just pressing the Enter Key would get me nothing, so I switched to the JAWS curser and was able to read the names.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Hello group,

Cohn, Jonathan

the only reason I can think that this might happen would be if you have flexible web rules enabled on the site. If you do, then Radio button 5 in the Flexible web dialog should be available in the flexible web dialog.  There aren't really any other ways in JAWS settings that would hide links.

Norma A. Boge

Thanks, Marty, for checking the page for me. Seems I need to adjust some settings. Best, Norma

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 11:17 AM

Love in Christ
Marty

Hello group,

Norma A. Boge

Hi Sieghard, thanks for the info. Can you suggest any adjustments I should make to Jaws to resolve my issue? If not I’m ok contacting tech support. Thanks, Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 11:59 AM

Using Edge (or Chrome) with Jaws 2020 I can activate the links for each name and get the information such as contact number, a short bio and education history etc.

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 9:17 AM

Love in Christ
Marty

Hello group,

Norma A. Boge

Hi Jonathan,

If I did get into Flexible web it was completely by accident. I’ll check it out and hopefully resolve my issue. I do, however, occasionally have weird Jaws behavior in other apps, so I fear it might go deeper. But I will definitely try Flexible web settings first. If that doesn’t do it, it’s a call to tech support for me.

Best,

Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:13 AM

the only reason I can think that this might happen would be if you have flexible web rules enabled on the site. If you do, then Radio button 5 in the Flexible web dialog should be available in the flexible web dialog.  There aren't really any other ways in JAWS settings that would hide links.