moderated Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists


musiime ralph
 

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.


Curtis Chong
 

Hello:

It would help if you could give us more data. For example, in what program is this happening? How long has this been happening? Have you never been able to read bulleted or numbered lists with JAWS?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of musiime ralph
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.


musiime ralph
 

It is happening in ms word after installing jaws

Ralph musiime
+256783692737
Teacher/digital change agent

On 1 Feb 2022, at 2:56 AM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Hello:

It would help if you could give us more data. For example, in what program is this happening? How long has this been happening? Have you never been able to read bulleted or numbered lists with JAWS?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of musiime ralph
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.










Curtis Chong
 

JAWS update or brand new copy? Sounds like it worked before, but then, that is perhaps an unwarranted assumption on my part.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong

On Jan 31, 2022, at 5:00 PM, musiime ralph <ralphmusiime@...> wrote:

It is happening in ms word after installing jaws

Ralph musiime
+256783692737
Teacher/digital change agent

On 1 Feb 2022, at 2:56 AM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Hello:

It would help if you could give us more data. For example, in what program is this happening? How long has this been happening? Have you never been able to read bulleted or numbered lists with JAWS?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of musiime ralph
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.










Curtis Chong
 

Hello:

I am still trying to better understand your problem. Is it that you hear nothing at all when navigating over bulleted lists or that you don't here the bullets spoken or what? I just need some clarification.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of musiime ralph
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.


musiime ralph
 

thanks Chong,

it's actually jaws 20. while navigating, Jaws reads the list like any
ordinary text as opposed to saying "list item, 1,2,3... or bullet
styles." The jaws user may not realize it's a list item if he or she
is not keen enough.

On 01/02/2022, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:
Hello:

I am still trying to better understand your problem. Is it that you hear
nothing at all when navigating over bulleted lists or that you don't here
the bullets spoken or what? I just need some clarification.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of musiime ralph
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws not reading numbered or bulleted lists

Hello,
I don’t know why my jaws doesn’t read numbered or bulleted lists while
navigating. All it reads are the words skipping the numbered or bulleted
lists. How can I tell jaws to read my numbered and bulleted lists.










--
Musiime Ralph
Accessibility and inclusion evangelist
Mobile: +256783692737
Email: ralphmusiime@...


Curtis Chong
 

Hello:

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Honestly, I don't believe this to be a major issue. Over the years, people have kind of gotten used to this behavior. A lot of this is controlled by the way in which a document is put together. JAWS is not the culprit here. It is, rather, that most people are not professional document designers and are not writing for accessibility. Further, unless people know how to properly use styles in Word, this problem is not likely to be less of a problem any time soon.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong


musiime ralph
 

I appreciate you so much

On 03/02/2022, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Honestly, I don't believe this to be a
major issue. Over the years, people have kind of gotten used to this
behavior. A lot of this is controlled by the way in which a document is put
together. JAWS is not the culprit here. It is, rather, that most people are
not professional document designers and are not writing for accessibility.
Further, unless people know how to properly use styles in Word, this problem
is not likely to be less of a problem any time soon.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong








--
Musiime Ralph
Accessibility and inclusion evangelist
Mobile: +256783692737
Email: ralphmusiime@...


musiime ralph
 

On 03/02/2022, musiime ralph <ralphmusiime@...> wrote:
I appreciate you so much

On 03/02/2022, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Honestly, I don't believe this to be
a
major issue. Over the years, people have kind of gotten used to this
behavior. A lot of this is controlled by the way in which a document is
put
together. JAWS is not the culprit here. It is, rather, that most people
are
not professional document designers and are not writing for
accessibility.
Further, unless people know how to properly use styles in Word, this
problem
is not likely to be less of a problem any time soon.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong









--
Musiime Ralph
Accessibility and inclusion evangelist
Mobile: +256783692737
Email: ralphmusiime@...

--
Musiime Ralph
Accessibility and inclusion evangelist
Mobile: +256783692737
Email: ralphmusiime@...