moderated jaws loosing focus in Chrome and Edge

Afik Souffir

Hi,

In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS 2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.

For example, I’m doing something on SalesForce and then I’m finding myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center…

My touchpad is turned of.

This happened to me in any page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afik

Mike Pietruk

Afik

I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is that
something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.

The question is what; and the work around or fix.

Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,

In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS 2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
My touchpad is turned of.
This happened to me in any page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afik

Afik Souffir

Hi,

Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is that something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.

The question is what; and the work around or fix.

Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,

In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS 2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
My touchpad is turned of.
This happened to me in any page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afik

Chris Hill

Only simple idea I have is make sure the browser is maximized using alt+ space and x.

CH

On 7/6/2022 10:54, Afik Souffir wrote:
[...]

I’ve done that and its not help.

Only simple idea I have is make sure the browser is maximized using alt+
space and x.

CH

On 7/6/2022 10:54, Afik Souffir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

Gene Warner

Hi Afik!

I have been having this problem too, I think it may have started around the beginning of the year but my memory is foggy about it so I don't know how far I'd go with that. I suspected that it might be something running in the background that steals the focus to one of its controls, then vacates the screen leaving JAWS with nothing to focus on. I've also seen where I'm in the middle of a page, then suddenly I'm at the bottom.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 11:31 AM, Mike Pietruk wrote:
Afik
I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is that
something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.
The question is what; and the work around or fix.
Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.
On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,

In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS 2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
My touchpad is turned of.
This happened to me in any page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afik

Gene Warner

Not to mention that it is very annoying and frustrating regardless of whether you are working or playing.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 11:54 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
[...]

That doesn't help, my browsers are always maximized.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:19 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
[...]

No, it’s not. Because I’ve tried with nothing opened, and still happened.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I have been having this problem too, I think it may have started around
the beginning of the year but my memory is foggy about it so I don't
know how far I'd go with that. I suspected that it might be something
running in the background that steals the focus to one of its controls,
then vacates the screen leaving JAWS with nothing to focus on. I've also
seen where I'm in the middle of a page, then suddenly I'm at the bottom.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 11:31 AM, Mike Pietruk wrote:
> Afik
>
> I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is that
> something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.
>
> The question is what; and the work around or fix.
>
> Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.
>

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS 2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
>> For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
>> My touchpad is turned of.
>> This happened to me in any page.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Afik

Afik Souffir

You are totally right!!!!

We need to do something about it as a community.

Maybe to write to Freedom Scientific, or Google or Microsoft.

I’ve talked with Microsoft disability answer desk now, they said: its maybe problem with  my system… windows.

Strange people.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Not to mention that it is very annoying and frustrating regardless of
whether you are working or playing.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 11:54 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

Gene Warner

Hi Afik!

OK, it was just a thought.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:36 PM, Afik Souffir wrote:
Hi,
No, it’s not. Because I’ve tried with nothing opened, and still happened.
I have been having this problem too, I think it may have started around
the beginning of the year but my memory is foggy about it so I don't
know how far I'd go with that. I suspected that it might be something
running in the background that steals the focus to one of its controls,
then vacates the screen leaving JAWS with nothing to focus on. I've also
seen where I'm in the middle of a page, then suddenly I'm at the bottom.
Gene...
On 7/6/2022 11:31 AM, Mike Pietruk wrote:
> Afik
>
> I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is that
> something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.
>
> The question is what; and the work around or fix.
>
> Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.
>

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS
2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
>> For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding
myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
>> My touchpad is turned of.
>> This happened to me in any page.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Afik

Gene Warner

Is anyone using one of the other Chromium based browsers like Brave or Vivaldi, and is it happening to them? At this point I'm thinking that it's something that the Chromium engine is doing, since it seems to be isolated to just them.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:40 PM, Afik Souffir wrote:
You are totally right!!!!
We need to do something about it as a community.
Maybe to write to Freedom Scientific, or Google or Microsoft.
I’ve talked with Microsoft disability answer desk now, they said: its maybe problem with  my system… windows.
Strange people.
Not to mention that it is very annoying and frustrating regardless of
whether you are working or playing.
Gene...
On 7/6/2022 11:54 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

Gene Warner

I know what Freedom Scientific will say. They'll say that it isn't happening to them and could you send them step by step instructions on how to reproduce it? Only then will they even admit that it is a problem, and even then they'll say it's Google's problem since they created the Chromium engine, and then they'll close the case.

Utterly useless!

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:40 PM, Afik Souffir wrote:
You are totally right!!!!
We need to do something about it as a community.
Maybe to write to Freedom Scientific, or Google or Microsoft.
I’ve talked with Microsoft disability answer desk now, they said: its maybe problem with  my system… windows.
Strange people.
Not to mention that it is very annoying and frustrating regardless of
whether you are working or playing.
Gene...
On 7/6/2022 11:54 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

Afik Souffir

Yes, ok.

But can we do something else?

Sent from Mail for Windows

I know what Freedom Scientific will say. They'll say that it isn't
happening to them and could you send them step by step instructions on
how to reproduce it? Only then will they even admit that it is a
problem, and even then they'll say it's Google's problem since they
created the Chromium engine, and then they'll close the case.

Utterly useless!

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:40 PM, Afik Souffir wrote:
> You are totally right!!!!
>
> We need to do something about it as a community.
>
> Maybe to write to Freedom Scientific, or Google or Microsoft.
>
> I’ve talked with Microsoft disability answer desk now, they said: its
> maybe problem with  my system… windows.
>
> Strange people.
>
> Sent from Mail <https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C0d303f4b2f844724ddeb08da5f784958%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927267511957072%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=oqrNpEiXhF6LyxUBPlGG4zfMU0lNU3AUTYWIGDHS%2Fz0%3D&amp;reserved=0> for Windows

Gene Warner

I honestly don't know other than to try contacting Google, or since Chromium is open source, maybe contacting the development community about this problem.

I myself have pretty much given up on reporting any problems with JAWS because I've always gotten the same results, which I described in my previous message.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 1:53 PM, Afik Souffir wrote:
Yes, ok.
But can we do something else?

<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C0d303f4b2f844724ddeb08da5f784958%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927267511957072%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=oqrNpEiXhF6LyxUBPlGG4zfMU0lNU3AUTYWIGDHS%2Fz0%3D&amp;reserved=0 <https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C0d303f4b2f844724ddeb08da5f784958%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927267511957072%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=oqrNpEiXhF6LyxUBPlGG4zfMU0lNU3AUTYWIGDHS%2Fz0%3D&amp;reserved=0>> for Windows

Chris Hill

I agree, hit has gotten worse.  At lest I can use firefox when the chromium-based browsers won't do the job.

CH

On 7/6/2022 12:21, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,
I’ve done that and its not help.

Only simple idea I have is make sure the browser is maximized using alt+
space and x.

CH

On 7/6/2022 10:54, Afik Souffir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes!!!! It's really need to fix quickly, it's effecting my daily work.

Gene Warner

Same here, although I've never really been a fan of Firefox, this problem with Chromium is becoming such an annoyance that I have just installed Firefox 101 and have been learning how to use it and may end up making it my default browser. Which would be fitting in a way, I'm already using their email client, Thunderbird.

Gene...

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

I've noticed the same thing; my guess, off the top of my head, is
that something has chhanged with the 2-chromium based browsers.

The question is what; and the work around or fix.

Will be interested in the feedback of others on this.

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,

In my work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with windows 10, and JAWS
2022.22.06.9 JAWS is loosing focus in our CRM internal systems constantly, but not limited to them.
For example, I'm doing something on SalesForce and then I'm finding
myself at the bottom of the webpage, while I was in the center...
My touchpad is turned of.
This happened to me in any page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afik

Afik Souffir

The problem here that I’ll never get an green light to install firefox on my work machine, since it’s open source code.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Same here, although I've never really been a fan of Firefox, this
problem with Chromium is becoming such an annoyance that I have just
installed Firefox 101 and have been learning how to use it and may end
up making it my default browser. Which would be fitting in a way, I'm
already using their email client, Thunderbird.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 3:13 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
> I agree, hit has gotten worse.  At lest I can use firefox when the
> chromium-based browsers won't do the job.
>
> CH
>

> On 7/6/2022 12:21, Afik Souffir wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I’ve done that and its not help.
>>

>> Get Outlook for iOS <https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faka.ms%2Fo0ukef&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C540aeef2968548083fc508da5f8436a8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927318735592078%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=zIk8oQFDdAVpg%2BRRjsYGebUh9k9TNog%2BLU2fnUaZ7oQ%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Gene Warner

That makes no sense at all! Edge and Chrome are both based on the Chromium engine which is itself an open source project!

Gene...

<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faka.ms%2Fo0ukef&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C540aeef2968548083fc508da5f8436a8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927318735592078%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=zIk8oQFDdAVpg%2BRRjsYGebUh9k9TNog%2BLU2fnUaZ7oQ%3D&amp;reserved=0 <https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faka.ms%2Fo0ukef&;data=05%7C01%7C%7C540aeef2968548083fc508da5f8436a8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637927318735592078%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=zIk8oQFDdAVpg%2BRRjsYGebUh9k9TNog%2BLU2fnUaZ7oQ%3D&amp;reserved=0>>

meow meow

 which browser worse?