Jaws home versus pro

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of Jaws2021 pro. I only use Jaws on my personal laptop. Is there a reason one should use the pro version versus the home version? I know the pro version allows the use of a VPN, network or tandem. Cheers, Kevin

Bill White

I can't think of any reason, unless you need to use more than three computers, need to use Tandem Direct, as opposed to regular tandem, or you need to use the "Remote Access" feature. JAWS Pro is mainly for a work situation.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 10:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws home versus pro

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of Jaws2021 pro. I only use Jaws on my personal laptop. Is there a reason one should use the pro version versus the home version? I know the pro version allows the use of a VPN, network or tandem. Cheers, Kevin

Madison Martin

Hi Kevin,

I used to have Pro as well and when renewing my SMA I was told that you only need Pro if you use Jaws for work, otherwise it makes more sense to have the Home version or whatever it’s called. Plus it’s less expensive then Pro to renew your SMA. That’s just what I was told, so if I’m wrong then someone please correct me so that Kevin has the correct info; though I’d hope that since the dealer sells Jaws they’d know what they’re talking about.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: September 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Michael Mote

Hi Kevin. As far as JAWS functionality goes, there is no difference between the home and pro license. All of the JAWS features are the same.

The pro license will allow you to connect to Virtual Desktops, the home annual license does not. You can still connect to VPN networks, but connecting using the Remote Access feature function will not work using a JAWS home annual license. I hope this helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 12:35 PM