Topics

moderated jaws help with game programs

Jerry hathaway

I use to have jaws turned off when I was playing games from kitchen games, but updating jaws this setting is no longer working. Can somebody please let me know how to have this setting work again to have jaws turn off when I am playing games that have their own sounds attached to them. Thank you for your help with this inquary.
Jerry

Randy Barnett

open the game then press insert plus space then s to toggle speech to on demand. this will silence Jaws during the game. they have changed this since I used it last and I think it will  talk if you do a jaws specific key combo. In the past it just silenced Jaws totally

Jerry hathaway wrote:

I use to have jaws turned off when I was playing games from kitchen games, but updating jaws this setting is no longer working. Can somebody please let me know how to have this setting work again to have jaws turn off when I am playing games that have their own sounds attached to them. Thank you for your help with this inquary.
Jerry

JM Casey

I think it still can – speech on demand and no speech can be set to be the “off” state of the toggle. There is a setting for it in settings centre. I use no-speech a lot since I mostly use a braille display.