From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Ilniski
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2022 8:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws help

Hi all. I purchased a annual subscription to Jaws and attempted to install 2022. 2018 was my working version and for some reason even though I had 2019 2020 and 2021 on my computer none of them worked correctly as I don't know if they got corrupted or whatever the issue is. When I go to install 2022 I get the error message that says The Jaws install has failed close button. I tried downloading the file from the freedom scientific web site and still no go. I have nvda on my machine so that's what I'm using until I can fix this issue. If anyone has any ideas let me know because I'd like to get it installed and my license activated as soon as I possibly can. Thanks.

--
Rebecca
email: rilniski@...

Ann Byrne

When I had this problem I did the following:

1. uninstall JAWS.
2. Run (windows r) appdata.
3. Searched the three resulting directories for Freedom Scientific folders.
4. Deleted all references to JAWS in the folders.
5. Reinstalled JAWS.

It's pretty extreme; but if JAWS isn't working anyway, it won't make it stop working.

Good luck!

At 08:45 PM 3/13/2022, you wrote:
Hi all. I purchased a annual subscription to Jaws and attempted to install 2022. 2018 was my working version and for some reason even though I had 2019 2020 and 2021 on my computer none of them worked correctly as I don't know if they got corrupted or whatever the issue is. When I go to install 2022 I get the error message that says The Jaws install has failed close button. I tried downloading the file from the freedom scientific web site and still no go. I have nvda on my machine so that's what I'm using until I can fix this issue. If anyone has any ideas let me know because I'd like to get it installed and my license activated as soon as I possibly can. Thanks.

--
Rebecca
email: rilniski@...

Jay <jcoffin@...>

Hi,

First thing you need to check is if your license is renewed. Every year you have to renew these home annual licenses so you'll need to go to portal.freedomscientific.com and log in with your cridentuals and see if your license is still good or if you need to renew it. Second, if the jaws installation is failing, then the best thing to do with that would be to contact Tech support as they might be able to help you do some other trouble shooting steps. Hope this helps, and if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to chime in.

Thanks.