From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 5:52 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws F3 find command

Members
My system Jaws 2020 Windows 7
I hit the f3 function key and type in text to find. How do I clear this
search feature as when I hit f3 a second time Jaws says search not found. I
can restart Jaws and clear this edit field.
Thanks
Jim

Soronel Haetir

Usually you use either jaws+f3 or ctrl+f3 to set an initial search and
f3 to repeat the current search.

On 12/16/21, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@gmail.com> wrote:
Jim:

I am at a loss here. What seems to be the problem? Can you provide more
information please?

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Bill White

Hi, Jim. Rather than using F3 to perform a search, use JAWS key plus F to
perform the initial search. Use F3 to repeat the search. If you want your
initial search criteria to be cleared, use JAWS key plus F, followed by a
new search string.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

I hit the f3 function key and type in text to find. How do I clear this
search feature as when I hit f3 a second time Jaws says search not found. I
can restart Jaws and clear this edit field.
Thanks
Jim

Jim

Thanks, makes sense now.
Jim

I hit the f3 function key and type in text to find. How do I clear this
search feature as when I hit f3 a second time Jaws says search not found. I
can restart Jaws and clear this edit field.
Thanks
Jim

David Kingsbury

If I understand the question correctly, simply type the text of a new search in the edit field. There is no need to clear it.

Bill White

Hi, David. The problem is that, when you use JAWS key plus F3, there is no edit box. It just searches for the previous search string. To get an edit box, you must use JAWS key plus F.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...