Topics

moderated jaws export still crashes?

Jessica D

Hi,

I’m trying to make a settings export, but the wizard keeps crashing.

When I spke to FS tech support about it, they couldn’t duplicate it, and told me to copy a certain file from the user area.

What file would they be referring to?

Thanks,

Jessica

Mike B

Hi Jessica,

A fellow list member recently had the same problem and here's how he copied his settings.
From: John Covici
What I have done in the past is to just take the whole settings folder, in my case its,

C:\users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\freedomscientific\jaws\2020\settings\enu

where username is your username and put it in the same directory on your other computer or wherever you
need it to be.  I have had some trouble also with the export wizard, but what I did worked for me and I hope it works for you.  You might
want to back up the current folder in case something bad happens.
John
Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

I’m trying to make a settings export, but the wizard keeps crashing.

When I spke to FS tech support about it, they couldn’t duplicate it, and told me to copy a certain file from the user area.

What file would they be referring to?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D

Hello,
How do I know what my user name is?

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Jun 30, 2020, at 9:31 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Jessica,

A fellow list member recently had the same problem and here's how he copied his settings.

I’m trying to make a settings export, but the wizard keeps crashing.

When I spke to FS tech support about it, they couldn’t duplicate it, and told me to copy a certain file from the user area.

What file would they be referring to?

Thanks,

Jessica

Bill White

Hi, Jessica. If you open the "run" dialog with Windows Key plus R and type in

%userprofile%

This will open your User folder.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

A fellow list member recently had the same problem and here's how he copied his settings.