moderated JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Gene Warner

Hi everyone!

Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's driving me crazy with frustration.

Thanks!
Gene...

Bill White

Yes, Gene. I have used Edge, and gotten those buttons that say, Keep, and Delete. What happens is that, once you press the button to keep the file, another button pops up asking to confirm that you really, really do want to keep the file. So, you actually need to press two "keep" buttons.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that
the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing
its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows
Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep
the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The
problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for
quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's
driving me crazy with frustration.

Thanks!
Gene...

Gene Warner

OK, I can understand the confirmation request, but now the question is how do I get to it so I can click it?

Thanks!
Gene...

On 7/1/2022 10:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
[...]

You must press the first Keep button, and once it is pressed, you should be able to tab to the "Keep Anyway" button.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that
the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing
its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows
Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep
the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The
problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for
quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's
driving me crazy with frustration.

Thanks!
Gene...

Sean Murphy

I would strongly you encourage anyone who is having this issue report it to Microsoft accessibility desk. As it sounds like you’re not getting all information you need to understand what is going on. It doesn’t sound like a jaws problem it sounds like an edge problem.

My experience is the part