Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 3:43 AM
Subject: Jaws context menu

Hello list:

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu?  Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Richard Turner

I will say that these are the commands for the Windows context menu that work with or without a screen Reader

There is no actual "Jaws context menu" that I know of, just the Windows context menu. Also gotten to with a right click of a mouse. .
Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 4, 2020, at 5:46 AM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

You can press the applications key or Shift + F10.  The applications key is the 3rd key to the right of the spacebar if you have a keyboard with 4 keys to the right of the spacebar.  The keys are from left to right Alt, Windows, Applications key and the Control key.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu?  Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mike B

When you press, Insert  + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu?  Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mario

no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert  + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.
I will say that these are the commands for the Windows context menu that
work with or without a screen Reader

There is no actual "Jaws context menu" that I know of, just the Windows
context menu. Also gotten to with a right click of a mouse. .
Richard

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a
Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of
asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my
mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 4, 2020, at 5:46 AM, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:

You can press the applications key or Shift + F10.  The applications
key is the 3rd key to the right of the spacebar if you have a keyboard
with 4 keys to the right of the spacebar.  The keys are from left to
right Alt, Windows, Applications key and the Control key.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu?  Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

If you have JAWS set to run from the system tray, Insert J will bring up the
JAWS menu. If not alt f will bring up the JAWS menu. JAWS menu is not
usually referred to as a context menu.

when JAWS ----- Original Message -----
no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mike B

When I press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Richard Turner

That’s very interesting.

When I press insert+j I hear: JAWS Home Use.

I have Jaws in the lat+tab order.

This really isn’t a big deal, the person who asked the original question asked for the Jaws Context menu, but the answers given were for the standard Windows context menu which is probably what he meant anyway.

Insert+j to me has always been just the Jaws menu to get into some settings/options.

I think this is a good example of semantics.

  Grin.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

When I press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mike B

It's not a big deal but, it should probably be noted to avoid confusion that there's a difference when running Jaws from the system tray and not running Jaws from the system tray.

When you run Jaws from the system tray and press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

When Jaws is not running from the system tray and is in the, Alt + Tab order, pressing, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws home use.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

When I press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Bill White

Hi, Richard. If you check the box under Options>Basics, that allows JAWS to run from the System Tray, then press INSERT plus J, you will, indeed hear "Context Menu. Not hearing this is a function of not running JAWS in the System Tray.

By the way, Just checking the Run From System Tray box will not change this behavior until you quit JAWS and start it again.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

When I press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Bill White

Hi, Loy. ALT plus F is not the keystroke to bring up the JAWS Context menu, when JAWS does not run from System Tray. In fact, just the ALT key brings up the JAWS menu when JAWS does not run from the system tray. If you use ALT plus F, you are immediately taken to JAWS Options, which bypasses your opportunity to navigate to the Utilities sub menu, the Language sub menu, the Help sub menuand the About screen.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

From: Mike B [mailto:mb69mach1@fastmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, December 4, 2020, 9:26 AM

You're right.  I was thinking it just said JAWS menu. ----- Original Message -----
When I press, Insert + J, Jaws reports, Jaws context menu submenu options.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
no. keyboard help says that insert+j "Brings the JAWS Window into the
foreground and gives it focus."

When you press, Insert + J, you open the Jaws context menu.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

What is the key sequence to open the Jaws "context" menu? Using Dell
desktop pc, Windows7and latest Jaws release.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mario

yes, I got this too, but in light of what insert+j does, it "Brings the JAWS Window into the foreground and gives it focus."