Topics

moderated JAWS - Can it use regular expressions (regex) pattern matching?

First, I'll admit I'm being lazy as I don't want to restart my machine just so I can test this in 40-minute mode, and I know at least one of the regulars here will know the answer of the top of their heads.

If I'm trying to create a pattern match and substitution pair, is there an option for regular expression syntax in the pattern match?  I honestly cannot remember whether JAWS definitely supports this or not.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Hi,

I don’t think JAWS dictionary manager will let you enter regular expressions.

Cheers,

Joseph

First, I'll admit I'm being lazy as I don't want to restart my machine just so I can test this in 40-minute mode, and I know at least one of the regulars here will know the answer of the top of their heads.

If I'm trying to create a pattern match and substitution pair, is there an option for regular expression syntax in the pattern match?  I honestly cannot remember whether JAWS definitely supports this or not.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Joseph,

           Thanks.  Unless I hear otherwise then that means discussions of regex on the JAWS group is really entirely off topic because you can't use it in conjunction with JAWS.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Richard Turner

Thanks Brian, and all,

Maybe Jaws 2021 will and I will tax my brain then if it does.

Later,

Richard