Topics

moderated JAWS - Can it use regular expressions (regex) pattern matching?

First, I'll admit I'm being lazy as I don't want to restart my machine just so I can test this in 40-minute mode, and I know at least one of the regulars here will know the answer of the top of their heads.

If I'm trying to create a pattern match and substitution pair, is there an option for regular expression syntax in the pattern match?  I honestly cannot remember whether JAWS definitely supports this or not.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Hi,

I don’t think JAWS dictionary manager will let you enter regular expressions.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS - Can it use regular expressions (regex) pattern matching?

First, I'll admit I'm being lazy as I don't want to restart my machine just so I can test this in 40-minute mode, and I know at least one of the regulars here will know the answer of the top of their heads.

If I'm trying to create a pattern match and substitution pair, is there an option for regular expression syntax in the pattern match?  I honestly cannot remember whether JAWS definitely supports this or not.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Joseph,

Thanks.  Unless I hear otherwise then that means discussions of regex on the JAWS group is really entirely off topic because you can't use it in conjunction with JAWS.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Richard Turner

Thanks Brian, and all,

Maybe Jaws 2021 will and I will tax my brain then if it does.

Later,

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS - Can it use regular expressions (regex) pattern matching?

Joseph,

Thanks.  Unless I hear otherwise then that means discussions of regex on the JAWS group is really entirely off topic because you can't use it in conjunction with JAWS.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss