Topics

moderated jaws and website dialogues

Patrick Murphy

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this.

When a web site produces a dialogue box with an ok button on it, jaws only says “ok”.

Lets say the name of the web site is “john”.

If you go into the virtual viewer, you can see that the window contains “john says” and then the message, followed by the “ok” button.

I hope i am explaining this right. In order to see the full message that the web site has produced, you have to use the virtual viewer.

This is the same for jaws 2018 and 2020.

The same effect is produced using google chrome and ms edge (latest versions of both).

Internet explorer always read out the full dialogue box.

There seems to be a lot of small problems with chrome based browsers.

Is there some global setting i am missing to make the overall chrome experience better?

Any ideas?

Regards,

pat

Chris Hill

I've noticed this as well.  I think I can usually get to it by using insert B to read the window, but I don't have one handy to test.

There are things about chrome-based browser accessibility that don't impress me, which is one reason I keep Firefox around.