moderated Jaws and web pages question

William Vandervest

How can I prevent Jaws trying to read the whole web page when it loads,is this a verbocity issue?

I am using JFW 2022 Win 10 ver 21h2 and MS edge latest update.

Thanks

William Vandervest

timelord09@...

Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#93971) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

--
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

_._,_._,_

Glenn / Lenny

I liked the way window eyes opened web pages, it would read the title and stop there.
I hate it when a page is slow to load and it keeps reading and reading and I step away for something and the page is going on and on.
I too have wondered if Jaws has a setting to not read the whole page.
Glenn

How can I prevent Jaws trying to read the whole web page when it loads,is this a verbocity issue?

I am using JFW 2022 Win 10 ver 21h2 and MS edge latest update.

Thanks

William Vandervest

timelord09@...

Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#93971) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

--
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

Vaughan Dodd

Agree here Glenn.

Oh for the nostalgia of Window-eyes!

Vaughan.

How can I prevent Jaws trying to read the whole web page when it loads,is this a verbocity issue?

I am using JFW 2022 Win 10 ver 21h2 and MS edge latest update.

Thanks

William Vandervest

timelord09@...

Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#93971) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

--
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

Ben Moxey

Hi William

To stop web pages and PDF documents from automatically reading in all relevant applications:

  1. Press the JAWS key + 6 (on the number row) to load Settings Centre.
  2. Press Control + Shift + D (for Delta) to modify default settings.
  3. Down arrow to “Web/HTML/PDFs” and right arrow to open.
  4. Down arrow to “Reading” and right arrow to open.
  5. Down arrow to “Document and web pages automatically read when loaded” and uncheck this option.
  6. Tab to Ok and hit Enter.

Note that you can follow the same steps from within a particular application and avoid switching to default settings if you don’t want to change this across the board.

All the best.

Ben