Topics

moderated JAWS and uses other than with a PC/Computer

Rick Mladek

Hello all,

A quick question. Is JAWS able to be used with devices other than windows based computers? Do they embed this software into hand-held devices?

If not, I hope I’m not out of context and pardon if so. What TTS software is embedded into electronical hand held devices or capable of being?

Thanks all,

Rick

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 05:54 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Is JAWS able to be used with devices other than windows based computers?
-
Unless something has changed very recently, JAWS runs only under Windows, and full-fledged Windows (as opposed to the now defunct Windows Mobile).

           ~ André Gide

Richard Turner

Jaws is not currently used in any hand-held devices I know of.

Iphones use VoiceOver, Android devices use Talkback or Voice Assistant.

I know some stores use Android based devices for tracking their inventory that can have the Voice Assistant or Talkback enabled.

Some did use iPod Touches for this so VoiceOver was used.

Are there specific devices you are asking about?

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

A quick question. Is JAWS able to be used with devices other than windows based computers? Do they embed this software into hand-held devices?

If not, I hope I’m not out of context and pardon if so. What TTS software is embedded into electronical hand held devices or capable of being?

Thanks all,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Simply wondering what TTS software is able to be used in devices other than windows or apple type computers or products as you have mentioned...

.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 07:15 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Simply wondering what TTS software is able to be used in devices
-
A web search on TTS and the operating system you want it for will get the answers you seek.  You can also try TTS engine and the operating system.

           ~ André Gide

Mich Verrier

As far as I know Jaws  it’s only a computer-based screen reader  however the actual eloquent speech that jaws  users can be used on other devices such as some mobile phones and NVDA etc. From Mitch